cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web-Dispatcher as URL-filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, as I read in the sap help documents for webdispatcher configuration, the url-permission table is case sensitive.

We require it to be case insensitive, so that you can enter through www.test.com/Example as well as through www.test.com/eXample. Do you know any solution to this problem, except listing all possible url-spellings in the url-permission table ?

Thanks in advance,

André Arnold

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, there is no solution to this problem. You can try to make this URL as a positive table by using wild character as mentioned in the below URL:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/16/12e34143b15f24e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick response. In our case the wild character is not applicable. What about replacement-rules, is it somehow possible to map an url to lowercase by default? This could probably be a solution.

Kind Regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

In my system the problem is only for SAP standard URLs which case is not consistent.

For specific URLs, we have set a rule : lower case URLs are mandatory.

You could try to use the URL rewrite feature of the Web Dispatcher, but you will have to know well how to manage regular expressions....

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly what i had in mind. There is a last question for me, which is worth to be answered, because I wasn´t able to find an explicit statement in sap documentation. What is done first, url-filtering or url-rewrite, or are both things done parallel ?

Regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andre,

Sorry, I don't know because I've never used both url-filtering and url-rewrite together on the same web dispatcher.

My guess would be url-filtering first but it is only a guess.

You will have to experiment by yourself to know.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no other solution than to authorise the different combinations.

What is really annoying is that SAP developpers choose randomly to use upper case or lower case when developping standard BSP or Web Dynpro applications. It is easily seen in SICF for exemple for MBO (Management By Objective) URLs.

Because of that i have a much longer list that should be needed for authorised URLs in the Web Dispatcher.

Regards,

Olivier