cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBS Buildspace for consolidation gone

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been making changes to our set up - creating new SCs for the track and moving DCs from one SC to another. In the process, our buildspace for consolidation (_C) is no longer listed in the CBS. In the Design Time Repository perspective in NWDS I can still see the configuration for cons, I can see the folder structure and files. Is there anything I can do to recreate the consolidation buildspace? If I try to save the track again to do the Save and Restore, I get the following error message:

Unexpected error; inform your system administrator: CBS Server Error: Another BuildSpace owns one or more workspaces mentioned in configuration. Only workspace owning BuildSpace has rights to access it( internal code: BS_NOT_OWNED_WORKSPACE)

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Mathieson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

re-saving the track is usually the right way to do it.

From the error message I'd guess that you either somehow managed to create two tracks that try to access the same DTR workspaces or that something went horribly wrong with CBS (how was the buildspace deleted?).

If you browse the "technical details" of the affected workspaces using the DTR WebUI you can find a property "x:cbs-owner-buildspace". CBS sets this property in DTR to avoid collisions - image what happens if two CBS try to activate a change in the same workspace. In your case the buildspace was somehow deleted, but the flag was not properly removed.

If you know what you are doing you may delete this property using the DTR command line tool (hidden in the IDE installation in plugins\com.tssap.dtr.client.vfs).

Otherwise I'd recommend to contact SAP support.

Regards,

Marc