cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm trying to send a text file with attachments to an email account which is in Google. Can you help me out with the following parameters.

<b>Connection Parameters for mail server</b>

URL : ?

User : Xyz@gmail.com

Password : ******

Please fill the URL. Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chanakya,

If you need to bounce a message off of an smtp server then the URL parameter would look as follows:

smtp://yoursmtpserver

The yoursmtpserver could be the ip address, hostname or full host and domain name. You mail server administrators should be able to tell you your company SMTP server address and whether it requires any authentication to use.

In addition if you have a Google gmail account you can use Googles smtp server to relay mail.

The URL parameter would be smtp://smtp.google.com and you would need to use your Google email address (yourgooglemailname@gmail.com) and password to send mail. This could be used for testing but should not be used for production systems. Read Googles Terms of Service for more information.

Regards,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I have the SMTP server address(IP address) 172.xx.xx.xx

Now can I give the URL as SMTP://172.xx.xx.xx to access gmail?

P.S Chanakya, sorry for intruding in your thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Yes, you can mention the URL in this way.

One thing that is to be noted is this:

The Message server must have relay access enabled. If it doesn't, ask your network administrator to enable it.

Regards,

Puloma.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this Blog

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is the URL of you own SMTP server on you network. We would not know what it is.