Vinoth S.

Edited by: vinothsing on Nov 9, 2011 3:26 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Hegal suggested, it would be wise to get the suggestion from the business before going further. As you know it is not possible to change the order type now, and not at all suggested to change by debugging the table.

The only concern the business may have is the document number which they have created. So, delete the delivery and reject the order by setting a reason for rejection and maintian the details in text, so it is useful at the time of audit (if required).

Get the suggestion from the business and convince them, if needed.

Regards,

SAM

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vinoth S.,

This is a user mistake and it is your responsibility as a consultant to ask business to cancel the document and create new.

As others explained table edit can be done, but it is not advisable as order type has many assignments.

Hence cancel the PGI/ delete the delivery/ delete the sales order or give a reason for rejection and close the sales order.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinothsing,

only one option to change order type ...direct updation data base table VBAK.but its not recommeded.if possible pls create new order with correct document type.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please ignore the suggestion to do direct update, as Order type field is critical and starting point for many determinations that happen in the sales document, including pricing procedure, pricing, item categories and so on. The only way out now is to cancel and reject the documents already created and recreate the order with correct order type.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I guess, it is not possible to change the order type, even before creation of subsequent document. Though it can be done through table edit...it is not recommended because in the sales order program, there could be any functionalities developed through enhancements that are based on order type and based on values in other fields in sales order which can be determined based on order type.

Thanks,

Ravi