Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break-point is not triggering!

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

The WorkFlow is sending emails (which contains an URL link, takes the approver to WebDynPro application) to approvers, by clicking this URL approvesr will navigated to my_main_view (this view is holding Adobe interactive form UI element and Table UI element) of my_WDA, fine.

But, i want to debug the code in my_main_view, so, i kept the break-point in the code and tried to trigger it by clicking the URL, but not sure Why some times its triggering and some times its not triggering!! Even i tried with hard coding

BREAK-POINT 'MY_USER_ID' 

still, its not triggering from outlook.

Pls. let me know Why its not triggering some times? How can i fix it so that it will trigger always?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first check that you put external breakpoint in appropriate method. as per basis settings there might be time limit untill the breakpoint is active.

then check that you do not have max internal sessions open. if so then breakpoint will not be triggered. hence better you should close the unrequired internal sessions.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Chandra

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

No, every thing is fine, basis also gave enough time.

Any idea pls?

Thank you

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this thread

Not sure if this will solve your problem but have a try and best of luck !

Thanks,

Chandra

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Yes, in all cases (executing the WDA, clicking the WF sent URL from outlook inbox) user ID mine only, no use.

Suggested SAP Note is not applicable to our release.

Any thoughts?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have more than one application Server you have to set the breakpoint on every server by switching to the other instances via sm51. This is necessary for Systems <= 7.01

Starting with 7.02 the breakpoint is acive on all instances when set on one Server.

Kind regards Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try the below steps

Open your program in SE80

Ensure that you use the New ABAP Debugger (New Debugger checkbox on in the Utilities->Settings->Debugging dialog)

Enter user name into User field that should be used for debugging.

Tick the checkbox IP Matching and "Session breakpoint active immed."

Now set an external breakpoint (not a session breakpoint).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Lorraine