cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion reqd for IDoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario, where R/3 sends IDoc to XI.

If XI instance goes down, sending R/3 system is unable to track that XI is down, and the record is lost, as it is not received in XI.

Is there any way that we can tackle this scenario, so that we at least have a trace of what IDocs were not received by XI?

Regards,

Puloma.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puloma,

you/your programm should check before sending the IDOCif the RFC destination (WE21) is online?.

This should be possible with function "DEQUEUE_ESRFCDES" (SE37).

Regards Mario

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the XI system is not available the IDOC's you can set it for background reprocessing. Foreground reprocessing is also possible. There are also certain programs for reprocessing the IDOC's like RBDMANI2, RBDAPP01, RSEOUT00 and each and these program is meant for diffrent status of the IDOC.. (Sorry I don't know which program is for what status).

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. From what you've written I conclude this:

Since we02 is not throwing any error (status code OK 03), I can't use any re-processing report like RBDMANI2 etc.

So I can do the following:

1. Set status code 03 to some other error code in we02

OR

2. Run a program that re-processes IDocs with error in SM58. But SM58 does not show IDoc nos., only the Status Text. How do I trace log entry to IDoc no?

Any help with any of the above two? I'm unable to proceed with either.

Regards,

Puloma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here is a solution (even though it is manual).

Go to SM58, find the Transaction ID, then trace the Idoc in we02, with this Transaction ID.

A better approach is this:

Instead of using a tRFC port, we can use an XML port, write to a folder on the \usr\sap drive of the sending R/3, and make XI poll that folder.

This is a cleaner solution, if XI availibility is a concern.

Regards,

Puloma.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Xi is down, then you will have an entry in the TRFC~~ SM58 in your R3 system.

Did you look into that?

Also, the RFC destination sending the IDOC to XI is bound to fail , so if XI is down, then i dont think the IDOC will be sent out of R3 itself. It will have error status in We02.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If XI is down, then the IDoc will stay in status '03'. The IDoc should then be stored in the transactions Sm58. You can schedule a program to re-process these.

What this means is that you should send a response back from XI to update the IDoc to status '12' or '14'. This will then mean that IDoc monitoring can be done effectivley in R/3 to see any Idocs that are stuck on status '03' for a period of time.