Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Version and Planning area version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In help document for planning area, it says:

1. Order series is saved in model version.

2. Time series is saved in version of planning area.

What is the diffrence between model version and version of planning area? As far as I know version can be created only from /SAPAPO/MVM for a model. The same version is used to initialize planning area. Then how come these two are different.

Please help me to understand this.

Regards

Rinju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinju,

What is the diffrence between model version and version of planning area? As far as I know version can be created only from /SAPAPO/MVM for a model. The same version is used to initialize planning area. Then how come these two are different.

There is no difference between model version and version of planning area when version is "000" but when version of planning area is say "ABC" then order series data which comes from ECC like sales order will not be there.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for your reply. But I still have doubts. Time Series data let us say DP forecast data, can be stored in version ABC right?

May be I can put in this way:

1. Is it possible to create a version of a planning area with reference to a model?

2. If time series data i available same can be copied to to other versions also?

3. As you mentioned Sales Order can only come in 000, but 000 can be copied to ABC right? Though for communicating back to ECC, you can only do it form 000.

Please let me know your further inputs on this.

Regards

Rinju

0 Kudos

Hi Rinju,

To your initial query:

Planning area contains two faces: one is the data part and the other the required settings.

Planning version tags a set of master and transaction data as active (000) or inactive(all others).

A Supply Chain Model or simply a Model is a set of master data and can be either an active (000) or inactive based on its tag. More than one Versions can be linked to a model.

And this Supply Chain Model / Planning versions are linked to the data component of the Planning area.

This is how all the three are linked.

By now you should have realized that both the versions that are referred in your query are one and the same.

Time series objects of a Planning area are created for a version and a period of time. This is what is referred by the 2nd statement in your query.

Order series which are transaction data with an order category are stored in Order series live cache for a given set of Model/Version ( Active or inactive ). This is the meaning of the 1st statement.

To your second set of queries:

1. Version is created with respect to a model and different versions can be referenced to a Planning area

2. It can be copied to another version.

3. You are right. Master / transaction data from ECC are assigned an active model / version which is 000. And this can be copied to another model/version for simulation purpose.

Does this answer your query.

Srini

Answers (0)