cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP: Xacute Query Runs Three Times

former_member67937
Participant
0 Kudos

We're running MII 11.5.2 b64, and while testing some code, I realized that our Xacute queries are running multiple times. As a test, I created an Xacute routine that simply has a Trace block with a Warning message, so it will log in the Runner Log. I created an Xacute Query to point to this Xacute routine, and then I created an IRPT. The IRPT is simply this:

<html>
<head>
</head>

<body>
<form name="frmMain">

<APPLET NAME="TestGrid" WIDTH="100" HEIGHT="100" CODE="iGrid" CODEBASE="/Illuminator/Classes" ARCHIVE="illum8.zip" MAYSCRIPT>
<PARAM NAME="QueryTemplate" VALUE="Test/Testing/XacuteTestQuery">
<PARAM NAME="DisplayTemplate" VALUE="Test/Testing/XacuteTestGrid">
</APPLET>

</form>
</body>

</html>

Running the IRPT shows the message in the Runner log THREE times. If I put in the parameter for Initial Update = False, then it shows up only twice. I made sure that MII wasn't running more than once on the server. What is causing this problem? I've tried it on multiple servers, and all of them are doing this!

However, if I run it manually in Xacute or Query builder, it only runs one. It runs multiple times when running from the .IRPT.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

If I remember correctly there were circumstances where there would be multiple java instances running which showed similar behavior. I think if you go to Task Manager and see more than one instance, kill one and repeat your test.

There may have been other causes and searching this forum should turn them up, but you will likely have to go back more than two years (Search All) to find them.

Good luck,

Mike

P.S. You may also want to go to a later version.

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Nov 8, 2011 5:42 PM

former_member67937
Participant
0 Kudos

I did make sure multiple versions of Java were not running.

I've been searching the forums for an while now trying to find an answer, but I'm coming up empty. Do you have other ideas?

former_member67937
Participant
0 Kudos

I found a message ID 7762809 that talks about mapping the columns to the display grid. I'll try that to see if it fixes the issue.

former_member67937
Participant
0 Kudos

Having columns mapped in the display template corrected the issue. Was this problem fixed in later versions of MII?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is unique to the iGrid and is the same in newer versions than your 11.5.2 (11.5.6 was the last version, so even in 11.5 vintage you're a bit dated).

The iGrid doesn't know the columns, and since the query could conceivably return anything, all of the auto sizing, scrollbars, etc. need something to go with so it runs the query (why 3 times - not sure, but at a minimum once for the column info and then for the real data).