Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS connection problems to TRANSDIRHOST directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

Operation System: OS400 (V7R1)

SAP systems: SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5

We have been faced with this error some time ago! This is very strange error, I have been trying to found some information about it but until now I have not been successful.

Some weeks ago, after the installation of sap systems, I did the STMS configuration between the sap systems and we noticed after some hours that the connection between them had been lost, when I do a test to connection through STMS! I don´t know what is the solution for this issue, I thought that was caused by a AS/400 parameter value which could limited the time of connections in shared folders between two servers.

What is more strange in this case, it´s the "solution" that it have been adopted in the last weeks which fixes the problem temporarily... considering the example of our SAP QAS system (server 192.168.1.143, which is our SAP Quality system) we noticed that whenever we perform a click on top of TRANSDIRHOST through the System i Navigator application (/QFileSvr.400/ which is in our case the SAPDEV server (192.168.1.142) -- /QFileSvr.400/SAPDEV)

the problem in STMS connection is temporarily resolved after I press the REFRESH button (F5) in this sap transaction!

Can you help us to solve this problem?!... because it makes no sense that we have to do this manual connection to shared folder everyday... certainly this have some solution that enables and maintains the connection established at QFileSvr.400 in all sap systems (all landscape)!

Any suggestion? Any tips?

Thank you in advance,

samid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Can you check whether hostnames and ip address for both the instances are maintained in respective server's host file.

2) Check whether rhost entry for allow remote login to the system has been maintained.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak Kori,

First at all thank you very mutch for your answer.

1) Yes, it has all that information/entries:

Internet                          Host               
 Opt  Address                           Name                                                                                
::1                               IPV6-LOOPBACK      
                                        IPV6-LOCALHOST     
      127.0.0.1                         LOOPBACK           
                                        LOCALHOST          
      192.170.1.120                     product             
                                        product.lusit.pt 
      192.170.1.121                     develop             
                                        develop.lusit.pt 
      192.170.1.122                     quality             
                                        quality.lusit.pt

2) Sorry, but I didn´t understand what you´re asking here! Can you clarify me with more details?

Best regards,

samid

michael_ruth3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Samid,

couple of things come to mind.

1) Permissions

2) Password same for the user in both QAS and DEV?

3) Are directories being created in QSTRUP automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael Ruth,

1. Permissions --> I gave all the necessary permissions to the users.

2. Passwords... --> Yes, I already done that... I changed them, when I did the STMS setup! I don´t think this is because in reality, as described above, I can solve the problem, but temporarily, not permanently!

3. QSTRUP --> No! I still didn't do that! But, in my opinion, that is not relevant to this case because I still have not made ​​any IPL or restart to the AS machine!

Thank you

samid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

The problem was solved... After some weeks, we finally solved this problem, there was some problems with our network wich are the main cause for this problem... in some periods of the day the DIR_TRANS directory lost the connection!

I follow the instructions of sap notes 117465 and 67213 in way to configure the STMS in AS400 platform!

Thank you,

samid

Answers (0)