cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform table - header and footer disappeared

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a Smartform with a table element. When table was created, there were automatically 3 nodes added - Header, Main Area and Footer. This nodes cannot be added or deleted manually, I believe, they just appear with the table.

However, after experimenting with some changes in the form (which included adding and removing sorting and events on sort start/end), I notice that only Main Area element is there but Header and Footer are gone. Unfortunately, I haven't registered the exact moment it happened.

Has anyone seen anything like this and is it possible to repair the table? I searched the notes and forum but haven't found any mentioning of such effect.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, everyone, for the replies. I had to create a new table and move the elements there. Unfortunately, when the header disappeared, it also deleted all the texts there, so I had to re-do some things.

I've also saved a copy of the form and will send a message to SAP since this looks like a bug they need to fix. Meanwhile please be aware of this issue and keep an eye on your tables when making changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Strange.....those nodes are placed by default in a table element?

Max

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, when new table element is created, these nodes appear immediately and there is no option to add or remove them. In some older Smartforms there might be an "old" table element that doesn't have these nodes (the table icon is different, it looks like an asterisk), but these old tables cannot be created anymore.

This is indeed strange. I think I broke SAP...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that's strange. I guess the best option is to create a new table and copy-paste the content. All created tables should have the three sections.