Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR: Background job logs

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have been experiencing problem while looking for the logs for any background jos in RAR. First of all when I click on "View Log" for any job, I get the below error:

Log fileE:\usr\sap\XYZ\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server logs/log/applications/com.virsa.cc/ccappcomp.0.logdoes not exist

Then select the appropirate server node from "Server Log" drop down. This will show the logs.

However, these logs are not belonging to the background job for which I clicked "View Log".

Then I go server node by server node and then log by log besides to this. i have to search for the job id for which I am looking for the logs. This very time consuming and I feel frustrated to see the backgroun job logs.

CAn any one help me in this? How I can directly get into the respective background job's logs? Also, how can I remove the error above? which is the parameter where it has the above path for logs?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

May anybody please suggest me on this?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Have a look at the RAR module, Configuration->miscellaneous -> default logger parameter.

What is the current value of this parameter? "java logger" or "SAP logger"? I'm using java logger and it wokrs fine.

check this thread:

regards,

Diego.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently it is set to "JAVA LOGGER". May you please help me understand how these logs are written? I mean, what is the sequence? which server is processing the job and in which file it is writing the logs?

Please help me.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faisal,

I don't know if this note applies to your enviroment, but it could be helpful.

Note 1088481 - RAR - Background job spools are not visible

Cheers,

Diego.