Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL 2005 Express Connection with MII 12.1.9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing problem with connection MSSQL 2005 Express with MII 12.1.9

Both MII and SQL are running in same server.

I have downloaded the jdbc driver and deployed and applied necessary changes in MII server configuration like,connection string,jdbc driver(com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver),used SQL Authentication.

Checked the below threads.

[Thread1|], [Thread2|],[Thread3|],

[Thread4|],

[Thread5|]

But not helpfull.First status shows pending and later gives the error.In NW log I'm getting below err message.

Unable to get a connection from the pool 
[EXCEPTION]
 com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host locahost, port 1433 has failed. Error: "null. Verify the connection properties, check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port, and that no firewall is blocking TCP connections to the port.".

Regards,

Suresh

Edited by: Suresh Hiremath on Nov 8, 2011 1:56 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got it solved.There was some problem with SQL Sever port.

Port No 1433 was closed while installation of MSSQL Server.

-Suresh

former_member331989
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sql Express is used only for local purposes.

Remote access to SQL Exptess is not allowed by Microsoft.

regards.

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Can you post your connection string on this thread or make sure your Connection String looks something like below

jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;DatabaseName=YourDBName;user=UserName;Password=YourPassword

Also, try if your SQL is accessible from different system within same network that way you can confirm that your SQL is visible to outside world.

Regards,

Adarsh