cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am doung system refresh in 2 days. I am refreshing my prod system on simulation system

Can I ask, should I do anything before with the license key ? Or can I ask if after ?

Thanks in advance,

MOVED FROM PI FORUM

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on Nov 9, 2011 3:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a table at DB level MLICENSE in ABAP, you can take an export of this table before doing a import and them reimport this once system copy is done. So that you will get old valide license.

Regards,

Kishore soma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry its not MLICENSE, but ist SAPLIKEY, this table contains license keys.

Regards,

Kishore soma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore

The license key depends on the Hardware key, if your hardware keys are invalid then your license will not work.

Exactly, once you Refresh your system by PRD, the license will remain exist on new system but not affecting due to the Hardware key. Even you import or export table on new system the license will be invalid.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The License will be invalid after the system refresh from PRD to Test Server.

You have to maintain the system data on SMP then reqeust to new licencese with the new hardware key.

Also, you can configure and integrate with solution manager to apply licenses and maintenace license automaticlaly.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jordy,

You may save the license information from your target system if you want.

Even if u don't you can always apply the license again by downloading the existing license from SMP and then re-apply using SLICENSE Tcode.

In either case you will have to reapply the old license again. Downloading the license information will save you time.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun