Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Class and Characteristic to equipments

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

All

I have uploaded class and characteristics with values in to the system. Now I have to assign several Equipments to Class and Characteristics with values.

How can I achieve this other than recording method.

Is there any standard Direct input method or any BAPI to do the same

Please assist me in uploading the same.

Murad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try T.code CL24N or CL20N for mass assignment of objects to classes.

Regards,

S.Basu

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear S.Basu

But I am looking for assigning the classification (Class+Characteristic) to more than 5000 Equipments. So its really impossible to do it with CL20N or CL24N.

Thats the reason why i was looking for some Standard batch input/direct method or any BAPI.

Could any one tel me how we upload the class, characteristics and finally assign these classes to the equipment records in implementation projects?

Do assist me in uploading the class and characteristics to the pieces of equipments.

Thanks

Murad

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BAPI BAPI_OBJCL_CHANGE can be used.

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

There is standerd lsmw availabel for change of equipment or you can go for BDC / Bapi with the help of programmer

With Regards

Arun

former_member1107731
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well Shaikh Murad,

The standard upload program for equipment classification is 0140. Configure the Source structures accordingly and assign them a specific ID. Define the source fields for Equipment classification and characteristics. When Specifying files, choose multiple source structures in a sequential file and make the upload file accordingly.

Regards,

Muhammad Usman Kahoot

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member661330
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use IBIP transaction on SAP to assign classes and classification values on equipments or Functional Locations on SAP.

Transaction IBIP use standard SAP BAPIS to upload information

Please review the link below to have additional information

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/35/a47db0763e0392e10000009b38f9b7/content.htm

Best Regards

Carlos