cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10 - risk analysis : No rules were selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In GRC AC 10, when I do a risk analysis (user level for example).

For each userid the result shown in the column action is "No rules were selected "

any idea ?

Thanks

Aurélien.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul/Raghavendra/Aurilien/Vikas/Stephan/Jamie,

I'm currently configuring the ARA in in GRC AC 10.1, and facing the same issue as you guys have faced . When i run my User Analysis its throwing an error message "No rules were selected'.

As per your suggestions above I have checked into my rule set and have found that the functions are not mapped to the logical system I have defined. Can you please let me know how this can be done, toto make sure you have correct back end system(logical Group) updated for the functions in the setup? It would be a hell of work to do all the system mapping on function level manually.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narsimha,

Even i am facing the same issue, when i try to get the SOD results via Setup->Access Rule detail-> the results will be only for Basis "Business Process" with the system as SAP_BAS_LG, when i checked in the Functions, only the Basis Functions are mapped to system SAP_BAS_LG, and this logical group has all the production systems,

The rest of the Business Process functions like Finace, PTP etc are mapped to SAP_NHR_LG which is grouped for non-prod systems, so now i need to go and update each functions with SAP_BAS_LG to get the result report for other Business process for Production?

Please suggest

Regards,

Sindhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sindhu , Can you let us know whether you were able to resolve the issue

Regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Yes this issue is resolved for us.

Production systens was not gouped under SAP_NHR_LG group, so had to map all the production systems to SAP_NHR_LG and regenrate the rules again.

Regards,

Sindhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aurélien,

We are encountering a similar issue. When we run a risk analysis with a blank field for "Risk by Process" the results return the message No Rule Set Selected. When the field is removed entirely from the selection criteria we get an accurate violation report.

Hope this helps,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would be interested in the answer as well because it would be a hell of work to do all the system mapping on function level

Thanks

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stefan/Jamie,

Please impliment the following notes to resolve this issue

Best Regards

Japneet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also faced the same problem.... and resolved it.

Please answer my following questions

1) Have you uploaded the rules via SPRO-->Access Risk Analysis -->Upload ??

2) Go to NWBC -->rULE sETUP -->Access Risk -->Function --> select SOD Function and activate which ever is applicable.

Similarly for Access Risk

4) Run Sync job to get all data from backend system

3) Run the batch job in SPRO to run Risk Analysis.

It should work.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer

1) one ruleset has been migrated from 5.3 and the other has been activate from BC Set.

2) alls SOD function are actived...

the job GRAC_BATCH_RISK_ANALYSIS fail (SYSTEM_CORE_DUMPED)

trough NWBC, although I follow your step, i have always the same error (No rules were selected).

but a risk analysis can be done through NWBC without the job GRAC_BATCH_RISK_ANALYSIS was done.... (?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Couple of things that might help.

1. Check your rule set , Risk and functions under Setup Tab . Make sure you don't have any filters used there or if possible try to remove any existing query that you have there.

2. Run the Sync Jobs for your back end systems.

3. Open your GRC functions and make sure you have correct back end system updated for them. Check the status of all your GRC functions and make sure they all are active.

4. Check if you the rules generated for your specific rule set . You can have a look at some of the rules reports under reporting tab to check if rules are generated properly .

Hope it helps.

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas and thanks for trying.

I solved this issue,

My rules was migrated from AC5.3 and I have forgot to set the logical system associated with my rule (for my tests, logical system is not the same between AC5.3 and AC10)

The logical system in AC10 associated with my rules was not corresponding to the configured logical system in AC10.

I hope it can help someone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same error. I migrated from 5.3 to 10 too. Can you provide me the specific path where we set the logical system to the rules path

Thanks,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a similar issue here of No Rules Selected and I have read your thread but still no luck. Maybe someone could give some hints or what you have done.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Further to your comment above, I would like to point you to my thread here and specifically ask you about the following statement:...

3. Open your GRC functions and make sure you have correct back end system updated for them. Check the status of all your GRC functions and make sure they all are active.

I opened up the Functions from NWBC and realized that all the systems for each function were as follows:

1. SAP Basis

2. SAP CRM

3. SAP ECCS

4. SAP HR

5. SAP R3 NON HR Basis Logical Group

6. SAP R3

7. Logical Group

AND ALSO

8. The DESCRIPTION of my RFC Connector ?!

Now my question is as follows:

1. Where in the Pre/Post/GRC300 documents does it say that one must configure each function with the backend system as you state above....should the configurations Connector/Connector/etc etc already mapped the functions to the backend system ?

2. Also Why is the description of my RFC Connector available as a drop down menu from " System" tab on the function edit mode - see attached screenshot.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Paul