cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access true path of KM directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm using a file system repository in KM to access a remote shared folder in a windows system. everythings works fine, but i still have a doubt: is it possible in a web dynpro application, using the KM API, to access the true path of that folder?

For example, imagine that the real folder exists in "
server\share" on the windows system, but in the KM content management it is represented in the root by the folder "/content". What i want is to be able to print on screen the path "
server\share" without having to hard coded this info on my code.

Thanks in advance to all,

Nuno Santos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

have you found a solution?

Regards Aline

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can access only the KM path, using method resource.getAccessRID() (being resource an object of type IResource).

But i still don't know how to access the real windows path ("
server\share").

Does anyone know how to do this ?

Thank you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I take back what I had said earlier.

KM Content is loaded into the content repository, database or file system. The way the content is stored is sometimes proprietary to the individual content tool, although a general theme is that metadata is often stored in a database--usually a standard database like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or Sybase—and the content itself is stored in the file system. Sometimes when the content is relatively small it is also stored in the database.

Open your portal and navigate to "system administration -> system configuration -> content management -> repository managers". Check the different repository topics present there. Check for the folder you want. If the persistence mode is "db" you don't have a windows path.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Message was edited by: Satyajit Chakraborty