cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Requests while system copy

Former Member

Hi,

When SYstem copy is done, Transport Requests which are in modify state from source system are getting released in Target system. Let us say D1 ( Source sytem ) and D2 ( Target system ).

When D2 is set up by system copy from D1, all the transports which are in MODIFY state are geting RELEASED in D2 system after system copy.

As a result, incosistency in the systems, D1 - TRs are in Modify state and D2 - Released State.

How can we avoid this problem.

Thanks,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi Ram,

I would like to add few inputs which are in my mind regarding system copy pre-requisites (may be you all are aware). Before system copy we need to check for any repaired objects (in SE03), If any of the customization requests which are in modify state, thats means they are in locked state and they should be released before starting system copy.

So after completion of the system copy all the released request info from D1 will be present in D2. If at all we want to transport the same changes across the landscape, then with small undo work(in TP request description change) will prompts the request.

reason for above info my is to avoid inconsistencies between source and target systems. pls ignore if you already know this.

Rgds,

Durga.

Dear Ram,

The system copy will automatically set all the open requests (unreleased) to released without exporting the data.

In another word, you can't import these requests to another system after the system copy if you don't release them manually.

Therefore, please check in table E070 for those unreleased transport requests and release them before you do the system copy.

After the system copy you have to call the transaction SE06 and trigger the option 'Database Copy or Database Migration' to unlock the objects.

SE06 closes the old transport requests i.e. it sets them to status released without doing an export, unlocks (TLOCK empty) the objects and removes the repair flags.

The objects will be unlocked with this scenario and If you want to transport them, you have to create a new request and include the object list of the old transports via menu:

Request/task > Objects list > Include objects

Object list from request

Please ensure that the newly created transport requests are type "workbench" or "customizing" and the targets of requests are correct.

Regards,

Abhishek

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor

Hi,

If you don't change SID during system then transport request will not be released automatically. But if you will change SID then it will be released to maintain consistency of data.

Thanks

Sunny