cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jdbc driver issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone,

I wanted to install JDBC V 1.2 driver for sqlserver in my Potal System 7.00 SP18 for connecting to third party system which has SQLserver 2008 R2 as database

i downloaded a hotfix version of 1.2 from http://service.sap.com/msplatforms -> SQL Server

when i untarred it, i got SQLJDBC.JAR file which i have installed throu' Visual admin. But when i executed a test sql statement it gave the below given error message:

java.rmi.RemoteException: com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseRemoteException: SQL statement(s) cannot be executed over DataSource "XXXDATASOURCE". If you are using an Open SQL DataSource, you must register your tables using JDDI before you request them. Reason: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Invalid object name 'dual'. [id = Unknown]

My question is how many .jar files will be coming for v 1.2 jdbc driver.this is just to make sure my installation procedure is correct and what exactly the erro message says?

can some one help me in resolving this issue as this is very very critical

thanks,

siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you downloaded the file 'Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Driver for JDBC version 1.2' and installed?

As per your comments, I understood that you have installed hotfix for V2.0, not for V1.2. Please clarify.

I don't see hotfix available for V1.2.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your response.

i downloaded the file "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Driver for JDBC version 1.2" as per the note 639702.

The snote 639702 says, the file specified is a hotfix version of 1.2. see below:

from the note:

"Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver 1.2" contains an error (see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 945842 at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=945842). Do not use this version in SAP systems. Make sure you use either a higher release than 1.2 or the urgent correction (hotfix) for Release 1.2. You can download the urgent correction from SAP Service Marketplace.

http://service.sap.com/msplatforms -> SQL Server

The zip file sqljdbc_12_hotfix.zip (Hotfix for SQL JDBC 1.2) contains the installation programs for Windows (sqljdbc_1.2.2828.201_enu.exe) and UNIX (sqljdbc_1.2.2828.201_enu.tar.gz).

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got it now. You will have only one SQLJDBC.jar file.

I hope you have created the data source after driver has been installed. Please verify the configuration steps once again.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

this means it will work with only that particular .jar file and no other .jar files are required. right?

i created data source and verified it. still getting same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, one sapjdbc.jar is enough to setup this.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

i found the reson for the error. there is no table called 'dual' in sql server. i tried with a table called 'sysobjects' and i am able to see the successful execution

thanks siva for your help here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to hear that issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar