cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about project plan value and availability control

0 Kudos

dear expert:

I had built a project, and with CJ30, Allocated budget is 10000, in one of WBS element.

I created a network and internal activities,

when I assiged a material component (Res + PR) and system can be saved even if the total plan cost value is crossing the budget value.(There is no PR created, now. )

But, Budget checking is showing error message that budget is exceeded when I created any external service activity and crossing the budget value.(There is also no PR created, now. )

My question is: what is the difference of the two plan value? Why one is relevant to the budget,and the other is not?

Note:1) the tolerance limit with ++ (all activity groups), usage say 100% & action 3 (error) to the budget profile. The budget prifile is considered with only overall budget.

2)In tables COSP, "value types" are all 01 (plan), but VRGNG field values ​​are different, components plan is: KPPE

Service activities are: KPPP

3)in CJ30 u2013 Extras>> Availability Control>> Analysis. I could see the following in red colour, these values system not considering into account.

Entries in this color make no contribution to the assigned value!

V: Value type not relevant ( Act./Plan/Stat.Act./Stat.Plan/Commt)

😧 Delivery

S: Settlement to object with no budget control

R: Revenue cost element

C: Cost element is exempt cost element

M: Minimum from actual + commitment and plan per order value update

P: Plan value is not on apportioned order / network

B: Plan Costing Single Position

S: Funds Commitment in Balance

Following is for material

COSP 2011 01 8001110100 0000000200 KPPE D RMB 200,000.00 RMB B

Following is for service

COSP 2011 01 8001110400 KPPP D RMB 10.00 RMB

regard

mao jian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Find the below issue

Regards

R.B Rao

0 Kudos

thank you, i found that if item category "N",it will take check the availability control.

Edited by: jian mao on Nov 8, 2011 10:10 AM

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not per item category. If N or L sytem will check the budget if in your system if proper GL's are maintained in OBYC settings BSX and GBB > VBR nad cost elelemtns are created for them. for this you have to cosult with your MM / CO consultant.

PS is highly inteergratd with CO and all values are updated per cost elements. If values are not updated in cost elements then budget chek wil not happen.

In you case for material values may be updated in cost elements due to improper OBYC setting so budget check was not done.

Chekc your OBYC setting and try to create material PR system will check for the budget.

Check and confirm.

regards,

0 Kudos

the OBYC is ok and the cost elelemtns are created for them.

And I had made a test when the item category is set "N", it will check the availability control.

Answers (0)