SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation problem - Ledger 9H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

In SPRO, we have customized the Derivation Strategy for Budget Account Assignment, and when testing it we have set the Commitment Item of the Posting Address to 616, and the Commitment Item in the Target Fields is derived to 61.

Define Settings for Budget Structure: Here we have assigned a Budget Structure to the FM Area with Derivation Strategy.

However, when saving the Enter Vendor Invoice via t-code FB60, the Commitment Item for the Ledger 9A is correctly set to 616, but the Commitment Item for the Ledger 9H is derived to 616 instead of 61.

Can anybody please help me in this?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, trace derivation and check, may be you need to set Overwrite with new value for Commitment item derivation

0 Kudos

Hi,

we already did the check before testing, but still no success. Is there anything else that we can do to get this right?

Thanks kindly

0 Kudos

Hi, and what's the result of testing? I mean did you see required value for commitment item there?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's a mix of things in your first post. If you work with budget structure and budget addresses and you want to check budget on CI 61, even if the posting CI is 616, then it has nothing to do with Budget Account Assignment (FMDERIVE). You can meet this requirement simply with budget structure. Just make sure that it's duly assigned and flagged in the relevant year to your FM area and that the rules are correctly maintained.

Working with FMDERIVE has a different meaning; there, you subsitute/derive original FM assignment by the one defined in the strategy, i.e. you don't preserve 'original' CI which was entered in the document. The ultimate result might be the same as with budget structure, but the treatment is different.

So, you should choose if for this matter you work with budget structure or with FMDERIVE.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have solved the issue by launcing t-code FMAVCREINIT.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Ziyaad