cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop message flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a Soap to Proxy(SOAP adapter-->PI--->XI adapter) interface and want to stop the message flow into the receiver system, the sender is a 3rd party system and receiver is a SAP BW system.We have a problem in receiver(SAP BW) and want to queue the messages in PI.What is the best method to queue up the messages in PI.Since XI channel is in ABAP stack we do not see the XI communication channel for the receiver in communication channel monitoring.Do I need to stop the RFC connection in SM59? if so how do I do it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a Soap to Proxy(SOAP adapter-->PI--->XI adapter) interface and want to stop the message flow into the receiver system, the sender is a 3rd party system and receiver is a SAP BW system.We have a problem in receiver(SAP BW) and want to queue the messages in PI.

If this is a synch scenario, you can't queue it. But if this is async, you can add &QueueId=queueid in your URL for soap sender.

What is the best method to queue up the messages in PI.Since XI channel is in ABAP stack we do not see the XI communication channel for the receiver in communication channel monitoring.Do I need to stop the RFC connection in SM59? if so how do I do it?

Not sure what you are trying to achieve. You can stop the messages in PI by opening your receiver determination and deleting the entry for the receiver and then under the If No Receiver Is Found, choose the option to Ignore. That way, it will not produce any error in PI.

Of course the best solution is to ask the third-party to not send at all

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This thread is not closed that what iam replying on  the same coz i have a similar requirement .

Need to Stop the message on PI Itself.

1. I can not go with deactivating the channel coz after activating  previous  message will also flow to                receiver system .

2. If deregister the queue on sxmb_adm then it is also not possible coz so many interface are using same queue  and I need to stop the particular interface

is there any solution .????

thanks and regards,

Anup Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. you may delete RFC destination (doing so messages will result in error) & recreate it when issue solved.

2. Go to SXMB_ADM->Administration ->Manage Queues (select the queue of your interest and deactivate the queue for duration till SAP BW is pending, then Activate the questes which were previously deactivated).

the 2nd aproach is much reliable.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

amau suggestion is dont change anything, message will go in system error status,once SAP BW you can reprocess all messages.

or

ask sender system people to stop the process or stop SOAP sender communication channel.but i dont prefer this option.

or

if you stop RFC destnation then all messages goes in to System error status only.

Regards,

Raj