cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS + Subversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

currently i develop a webdynpro application with a local installed developer workplace using a remote r/3 backend. All source files and configuration are stored at my local nwds workspace.

every day i make a copy to a central fileserver to store all files on tape.

is it possible to use the subversion plugin for eclipse (subclipse) to save all changes at design time to a central subversion repository ?

thx

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I think you can use the subversion plugin but there might be one problem which we face while using CVS plugin.

We are using CVS plugin for source code control and it works ok but there is a big disadvantage. CVS works fine for JAVA projects. But incase of WebDynpro DC's and Projects, its of limited use. Reason being that after we check-in the source in CVS, when you want to get the source from CVS on some other machine, it is not recognized as WebDynpro project. So then we need to create a new WebDynpro Project and copy the source and rebuild the project.

I will suggest, if you can use NWDI nothing like that.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

to add some more question in same,

for NWDI, do we need different set up and for that do we need different SAP licence?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nav,

NWDI runs on the SAP WAS 640/700.

You do not need any seperate license for the same if you have bought the WAS 640/700 License.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nav,

To take care of the versioning needs you can make use of the standard NWDI landscape. It is preferable to use it for developing your applications. NWDI has a component DTR(Design time Repository) which takes care of all your versioning needs. To get more details about DTR see

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/83/74c4ce0ed93b4abc6144aafaa1130f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ravi Sharma