Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottom/base price check in Sales order processing

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In my company we are using process Sales Order > DO > Billing. Same pricing procedure for sales document types and billing types. No pricing procedure for DO. Our management wants to implement bottom price check in sales order processing e.g there must be one sale price on which sale invoice will be booked and there must also be one static price maintained and system will check after all taxes and discounts calculation that net value should not be less then bottom price.

Currently we are using user exit in enhancement MV45AFZZ. Our ABAPER has written logic in this of following scenario. We have maintained commercial price in ZCOM condition type and bottom price in ZBAS condition type. Lets take and example

ZCOM = Sale price= 500

ZDIS = Discount = 100

Net value/Amount for credit check 500-100 = 400

ZBAS Bottom price = 450

In above scenario system should not allow to save sale order/billing document and give error "Sale price is below bottom price" Then user will change the discount from 100 to 50 and Net value will be then 450 and system will allow to save sale order/billing document.

I want to to do this in Pricing procedure pricing routines. Please tell me is it possible with calculation types? Im wondering if we can do this in enhancement then we must write the same logic in VOFM pricing routine and we can control this from there too. In our current ABAP check everything is working fine but I just want to minimize the use of ABAP checks and enhancements and control the things from functional side not from ABAP.

Please let me know if someone need more clarification or someone have any productive suggestions in this regard. If there is any other solution it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Similar functionality is already there, where if the net price of an item differs from "Customer expected price" (conditions EDI1/EDI2) then SAP automatically pushes the order into incompletion. You can ask the developer to see how EDI1 is used in the pricing logic.

However, the condition EDI1 is used to check if the item value is different to Customer expected price in case of EDI orders and is not standard for your requirement. But you get my drift, that you can have your own condition in the pricing procedure that will fetch the base price value and can be used in the logic to show an error message (to stop order processing) or push into incompletion log similar to condition EDI1

Answers (0)