cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Scenario in SOLAR01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello...I need some help in understanding how to use the Interface Scenario node in Solution Manager. From what I can understand, the Interface Scenario tab allows for the creation of the Interfaces and Interface steps. Based on the interface steps, you can assign different attributes to the steps, which is all very valuable to us. However, where we are struggling is where to store the documentation and do the development work. The development tab is grayed out in the Interface Scenario node. I can see add the interface step up above under the business process areas, but what I do not understand is how to keep the work linked. You cannot use the 'link' button in this capacity. How are people using the Interface node? Is there configuration I can do to make the Development tab available down in the Interface node? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

The situation you discribed is the standard of SOLAR01 and SOLAR02. It is impossible to change anything by any settings. Looking at the structure of the "Interface Scenarios" you detect that the content is quite different from that of the "Business Scenarios". Therefore it is even impossible to link or copy entries within the project from the interface nodes to the business notes. Except Project Documentation it is impossible to add general documents, to do configuration, to do administration to add end user roles or business function and you cannot define test cases or other objects.

The reason is that the sense of the interface scenarios is quite different. You document your interfaces to have an excellent overview. If you need interfaces in your processes you have to add process steps to have the SolMan functions you need.

Tip: You can add a key word e.g. 'interface' to these process steps for analysis and search functions. Unfortunately the key words get lost during copying content from template projects to other projects.

I hope this information helps you to continue your success story!

Best regards,

Adelbert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.