cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQVI Use and System Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am the only user in our entire production environment that has access to run transaction SQVI. I don't use it daily but it is an analysis tool I use from time to time to dump data. My Basis group is reluctant to allow continued use of this transaction because if an "improper" join is created it could impact system performance. I disagree and here's why.

1. We are running ECC 6.0 and whenever I create a join between tables SAP knows which fields to join on and does it automatically. If I try to force a join on incompatible fields it disallows it and I get a system error.

2. SQVI queries are subject to time constraints just like any other transaction or report and will abend based on run time limitations.

Considering there are not 100's of users pounding the system on a daily basis with SQVI queries or joins my minimal usage has negligable impact on system performance.

I appreciate any and all comments related to this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

malalex
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is really old post but I have the same questions.  Have you found any technical information about the real constraints for using this transaction?.

Thanks

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Check the below sap note if you haven't yet

2002190 - System hangs when creating SQVI Query

Regards

Prithviraj

malalex
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanks Prithviraj but that is not what I was looking for.

I have no problems to run SQVI, it works ok. But I wanna know what are the technical grounds for the basis teams to deny access to it.

Regards

Alex