cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Managed system - name or password incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is the first time to work in solution manager, we are in initial phase of configuring solution manager. Getting error in connect managed system (managed system configuration). i have given the solution manager administrator user id and password and abap administrator user id and password of managed system which is my dev server. when clicking on maintain connection getting error

Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon) 07.11.2011 19:54:34 SOLMAN_ADMIN

Establish connection to System 192.168.50.14(00) - NED_100 SOLMAN_ADMIN

Maintain the managed system data in transaction SMSY

checked the rfc connection between solman and dev, everything is working fine. checked from smsy also no error.

Please help me people.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the authorization test for the RFC's are working and if the user is locked in both solution manager and managed system.

Also please let us know which destination you are selecting "trusted" or "login" while performingthis step.

Thanks and Regards,

Subashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subashree,

Thanks for your reply. I am using login option in rfc connection. when i check the connection in sm59 in both solman and managed system, everything works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karthick,

Please check whether the RFC destinations are assigned under the Product System in SMSY.

Goto SMSY->Product Systems-> Select the Product-> Select your managed system -> Select the ABAP product instance.

Goto the tab "Clients". Check the below RFC destinations are assigned:

SM_<Logical System Name>_READ

SM_<Logical System Name>_TMW

SM_<Logical System Name>_TRUSTED

Check if these RFC destinations are working correctly . Both Connection test and authorization test.

Thanks and Regards,

Subashree

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is important to test the logon, even if you need to change the user to dialog for testing, and then back again.

Think of it like this, a connection test in SM59 is like a ping. A ping tells you that you can reach another system on a network.You can reach it. But you can't do anything unless you can logon to the remote system. Same witht he connection test...its just like a ping...it tets the destingation system can be reached on the network and no more. So if your user is invalid, locked, had an aged password, etc, it will pass the connection test in SM59, but it won't be usuable since it can't log into the destination system to do anything. When the RFC user type is not dialog, its not something you can assume is okay, just because you can't see it. It has to be tested. And that may mean for testing purposes, change the user type to dialog so you see the logon screen and if it fails or logs in okay. If its it okay, you set it back and if it is not okay, you set it back fix the credentails so the logon will be successful.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks paul and kannan. issue is solved

Answers (0)