cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA495 Error message during Good Receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

we would like to perform a good receipt with a custom movement (ZD1 as copy of 101) in order to do not activate QM inspection in certain cases. In OMJJ we flagged ZD1 as u201CQM not activeu201D but, since in the material master an Inspection type (with Lot Origin 01) is set, the following error during good receipt (MIGO) occur:

"Change the inspection stock of material RAP4829AA_AG in QM only

Error message QA495"

The problem can be that, in the material document that we are trying to save, the stock type is automatically set to u201C2 - Quality Inspectionu201D. If we change it manually, leaving it blank (unrestricted use), the good receipt is correctly performed, otherwise the QA495 error message appear.

The questions are:

Is not enough deactivate u201CQM activeu201D flag in OMJJ for a specific movement type?

Otherwise, how can we drive stock type (in MIGO) by the movement type?

Thanks a lot,

Regards

Ale

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207609
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Deactivating the QM in the movement type is not enough, the key point of QM connection is an other field of OMJJ.

Go to the OMJJ, double click the line item 'Update control/WM movement types' at the left side, docuble click the line what you'd like to edit at the right item. The field 'Inspect.lot origin' is the key field which make the connection to QM. The origin is assigned to the inspection type customization so the system try to create the inspection lot as the type is maintained in the material master.

If you don't want to remove the inspection type in the material master and just want to deactivate the QM for the movement type please remove the origin in OMJJ.

Regards.

Leon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

you are right, also for me the key point is Lot Origin assigned to material movement, from which the system inherits all settings about QM inspection. We removed lot origin (01) from ZD1 for all entries in "update control/WM mov types" (through &sap_edit from T156S table), but the issue come out again, the error message is the same..

We removed "Lot origin" and also "Ref WM mov type", in T156 table we made an entry in order to set ZD1 as reference mov type for ZD1, doing the same for the reversal one (ZD2), but the problem is not fixed..

This happens because in good receipt the stock type is set to "QI- quality inspection" again (entering ZD1 before).

What drives this field? How it can be set differently?

Thanks for help!

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ale,

As I understand your requirement, you want to carry out goods receipt with ZD1 movement type (which is a copy of 101) and for which you donu2019t want to generate any inspection lot.

The settings you maintained in OMJJ seem correct!

One of the probable reasons for the error you are getting could be the goods receipt with reference to old purchase order. I would suggest to create new PO and test again. Possibly at the time of PO creation inspection type might be active and later (after PO creation but before goods receipt) deactivated. The PO remains with the same setting with which it was created.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

as you told:

"As I understand your requirement, you want to carry out goods receipt with ZD1 movement type (which is a copy of 101) and for which you donu2019t want to generate any inspection lot."

Correct, but this is done simply deactivating QM at mov type level in OMJJ (flag "QM not active")

My requirement is also to perform good receipt putting stock automatically in unrestricted use, and not in QI

The inspection lot is not generated (if I perform GR changing manually stock type to unrestricted), but I would like that it will be automatically done, and we cannot understand what drives this field (stock type), despite of I removed lot origin (and all other reference to 101 mov type) from ZD1 custom movement.

I suppose is automatically inherits from PO, so the question is:

How can I drive/set "stock type" to make it Blank (unrestricted use) in good receipt or in purchase order??

Thanks for help

Ale

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ale,

Exactly, you can achieve this without posting stock to quality inspection. And you need not select any stock type ether in PO or in GR. System will automatically select it to unrestricted if you have deactivated QM for this new movement type in OMJJ.

Request you to confirm whether you tried the same by creating new purchase order?

Regards,

AR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Anand,

for each test case I always create a new PO and a new mat doc..

De-activating QM for ZD1 mov type in OMJJ, the stock type is set automatically to QI, instead of unrestricted use (as we might expect..), the problem persists..

Thanks for your help

Ale

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are getting this error b'se in the material master you have activated 01 inspection type (GR inspection).

So material master inspection type setting overwrite ZD1 setting and generating above error.

What is the purpose of ZD1? Are you expecting to do GR of same material to run with 101 & ZD1?