cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record results per Product, not per inspection characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Is is possible, in transaction QE51N to record results per product (or serial number) rather than per characteristic?

Today, I can only see a result recording per characteristic. For example: for inspection characteristic 1, I enter all the results for each product, then I go to inspection characteristic 2, etc. I would like to enter my results per products, i.e. for product 1: enter results for inspection characteristic 1, 2, ..., and then do the same for product 2, etc.

Is that possible?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are the parameters you entering to execute QE51N? I believe you are ececuting this transaction for chara not inspection lot or material. Make sure you are not entering MIC in intial screen throgh variant.

If you execute QE51N for particular one lot then you can see all assigned MIC to that lot in transaction output & you can record them one by one.

If you execute QE51N for material then you can see all inspection created for that material. & under particular lot you can see all MIC assigned to it. Check without entering MIC/ char in initial screen, you should be able to get what u want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the parameters you entering to execute QE51N? I believe you are ececuting this transaction for chara not inspection lot or material. Make sure you are not entering MIC in intial screen throgh variant.

>

> If you execute QE51N for particular one lot then you can see all assigned MIC to that lot in transaction output & you can record them one by one.

>

That is what I do. I execute the transaction for one particular inspection lot. However, when I enter into the record results screen for this particular inspection lot, I first have to "enter" into one of the master inspection characteristic, and then start recording per product (or serial number). What I would like to have is to "enter" into one product (or serial number), and for this particular product, enter all the master inspection characteristics I have previously defined.

If you still don't see what I mean, can you give me your e-mail so that I can attach an image

Oh yes, and by the way, is it possible to execute the transaction qe51n based on the criteria "production order" instead of on the criteria "inspection lot" or "plant" or whatever. I know that you change it in the layout, but I really can't find the production order on the "hidden fields"

Regards,

Edited by: MrFitch on Nov 8, 2011 9:11 AM

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello MrFitch,

I think NehSAP has explained it correctly!

Of course you can have QE51N based on production order as input.

1. Go to QE51N

2. Press F9

3. Click on Production and then double click in order

4. You will observe that input field for order visible

5. Input appropriate order number and execute

6. System will display you the parameters pertaining to that order only.

Why canu2019t you use QA32 instead of QE51N if you want to record results product wise? Try QA32 also.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MrFitch,

>

> I think NehSAP has explained it correctly!

> >

> Why canu2019t you use QA32 instead of QE51N if you want to record results product wise? Try QA32 also.

>

> Regards,

> Anand Rao

Well, this is because it is not what I want to do. When I execute transaction QA32, say for a given plant, I have an inspection lot for each line. Each line refers to a specific inspection lot. Each of these inspection lot contains a lot quantity. For example, inspection lot 234567 contains a lot quantity of 5 (each of these 5 product are assigned to a specific serial number, say 1,2,3,4 and 5). I would like to record the results for all the master inspection characterisitcs at ONCE, but for each of these 5 quantity within that particular inspection lot.

So, in other words,

1st serial number (1): char A, B, C,... , (recording the results for all the characteristics for that particular product in that particular inspeciton lot)

2nd serial number (2): char 1, B, C,... (same as 1st)

3th serial number (3): same

4th serial number (4): same

5th serial number (5): same

On QA32, or QE51N, I can only do:

Characteristic A: result recording for serial number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Characteristic B: result recording for serial number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Characteristic C: result recording for serial number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try QE73 transaction.