cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference custom JAR's in JSP run-time of J2EE 7.01 app FSCM Biller Direct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have searched sdn.sap.com but did not find a thread that could help with the following.

I have installed SAP FSCM Biller Direct 6.04 SP9 into Web AS Java 7.0 EhP1. No problems there.

I have modified various elements including JSP's with no issue. However, when I need to add my own custom JSP which refers to packages in custom classes (jar files), I cannot find out two things.

(1) Where to place the additional JAR's so that they are available to the JSP at run-time.

(2) How to place the JAR's using NWDS (on top of NWDI).

Of course I am getting 'compilation' errors at run-time due to unresolvable symbols.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

I have tried variously:

- Place my own JAR files amongst other JAR files found on the app server

- Create a library project and deploy it, attempt to reference it via build-path definition in the FSCM BD project definition

- Edit web-j22-engine.xml (cannot edit it since NWDS reports it is full of syntax errors but does not let me know what these are)

- Google until google was tired

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

Thanks for the information, that is basically what I had tried but the procedure is a bit different in 7.0 EhP1 which is the version I am working with. For example instead of creating a DC, you can craete a new Library DC.

I have followed this online [SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/9f/2ade3fc6c6ec06e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm] for this and I was not able to resolve the package import issue. The SAP Help seems to me to only add additional JAR's to the build path but does not link up the run-time requirement of the JSP side import of the classes from the library.

I am about to go painstakingly thorugh the help again, I will update if it provides the resolution.

esameer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

To start with, help me understand what exactly you are using these .jar files for and how you are going to access them. More than that would it be possible for you to post the default.trace content here, I may figure it out since I have had similar issue in past.

Regards,

Samir Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem i.e Where and how to place a custom jar file?

Regards,

Declan

pragnesh_parmar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please help me . i have same problem. we are not able to import the standard Biller direct application add custom jar file.

Helping should be appreciation/

Thanks in Advance.

pragnesh_parmar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please help me . i have same problem. we are not able to import the standard Biller direct application add custom jar file.

Helping should be appreciation/

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It was a long time ago now. I gave up.

pragnesh_parmar
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI ,

Could you please help how to add custom jar file in biller direct 6.0 nwds 7.3

Thanks in Advance