cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale pricing Per Each quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario that I am trying to implement in pricing and I am not sure if scale pricing will work or not. Here is the scenario.

A Customer needs to be charged based on the weight of the material entered PER EACH QUANTITY. The pricing should be as follows

From 0 to 5 pounds --> 50$

From 5.1 to 10 pounds --> 100$

From 10.1 to 20 pounds --> 150$ and

From 20.1 to 50 pounds --> 200$

A material X weighs 7 pounds in the material master. If 3 quantity is entered at the line item for the material X, the total weight is 21 pounds in the sales order. Now the customer should NOT be charged 200$ based on the total weight of the quantity but should be charge as

100$(for 7 pounds for 1st quantity) +

100$ (for 7 pounds for the 2nd quantity) +

100$ (for 7 pounds for the 3rd quantity) = 300$ Total.

The standard scales configuration takes the total weight of the 3 quantity entered for material X (777=21 pounds) and then applies the scale pricing and calculates 200$ instead of 300$.

Any ideas?

Thanks

BSR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether in t.code V/06, in the field Scale type add value D-Graduated to interval scale for the condition type will help you add this intervals in t.code VK11/VK12. If this does not help, then you need to add a routine in the pricing procedure (altCalType) to do the calculation.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiva,

Thank for the reply. the graduated scale config was over calculating the value and did not work for this requirement.

However I was able to resolve the issue by creating a new scale base formula. For anyone who is interested below is the solution.

Pricing condition has the following setting

Condition class = A (Discount or surcharge).

Calculation type = C (quantity).

Do Not use fixed amount This is to allow the system to multiply the quantity with the amount calculated based on the scale condition record.

Scale basis = (weight - net or gross what ever is needed per the requirement)

Code for the formula

data lv_ntgew like mara-ntgew.
select ntgew from mara
            into lv_ntgew
            where matnr = komp-matnr.
endselect.
xkwert = lv_ntgew.

The system calculates the scale base from the material master and then the amount from the condition record is multiplied by the quantity to give the condition value.

Thanks

BSR

Answers (0)