Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT - problem with replication in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I've problem with SLT System.

When I start replicate tables sometimes they are replicate, but sometimes not. Iu2019ve this same situation with loading tables. Iu2019ve strange situation with another tables. When I start replicate table, ie. MARA, my HANA see this table in my replication schema, but doesu2019t see in u201CData Provisoringu201D. And also table in HANA is still empty.

For your information system SLT has:

SLES 11SP1

NW 7.0 EHP 2

Oracle 10.2.0.4

DMIS with SP 4

Kernel 100

SAP HANA is in Revision 17.

Iu2019ve also implemented SAPnotes into SLT system: 0001603754, 0001607754, 0001612292, 0001614355, 0001614775, 0001619759, 0001623278, 0001625136, 0001641061, 0001645517, 0001646787, 0001647648, 0001648783.

If you have any suggestions to solve my problem Iu2019ll be very grateful.

Pawel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

information that you can see in HANA is not relevant. Situation in SLT might be different.

Here is usual quick solution that resolves most of the issues.

Stop the replication in SLT (login into client in which SLT was configured):

- make copy of job IUUC_MONITOR_<schema> (in our case IUUC_MONITOR_DATA_SLT_IDD800)

- cancel active job IUUC_MONITOR_<schema>

- wait for the controller jobs IUUC_REPLIC_CNTR_xxx_yyyy (where xxx and yyyy are digits) to be in released status (they must not be in active status)

Note: If you see only jobs IUUC_REPLIC_CNTR_xxx then you must wait until they finish their execution (less than minute) and jobs IUUC_REPLIC_CNTR_xxx_yyyy will appear.

Note: You should see exactly two controller jobs. If you see more it means that more systems are being controlled by this SLT. Be sure to work with correct jobs.

- delete controller jobs IUUC_REPLIC_CNTR_xxx_yyyy

- cancel one or more data load jobs DTL_MT_DATA_LOAD_xxx_yy (again be sure to cancel correct jobs in case multiples systems are managed by this SLT)

Restart the replication in SLT

- release the monitoring job that you created before (IUUC_MONITOR_<schema>) - use option Immediate - this job will recreate other jobs

SAP SLT might get stuck sometimes and restarting the jobs usually helps. Also bear in mind that replication is not happening instantly but takes time (give it around 10 minutes to fully process before coming to decision that something is wrong).

In case that above mentioned procedure will not help we will need to look inside SLT what is wrong.

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

In SAP HANA I have three jobs for DD02L, DD02T and DD08L in scheduled state for last three hours. I am not sure what would be the reason. I see following jobs in SLT server 

in SM37 I see job IUUC_MONITOR_001 as active. I also see job DTL_MT_DATA_LOAD_001_001 running frequently. I also see job IUUC_MONITOR_SCHEMA in SM50 on hold for quite sometime.

I am not sure what would be the reason. Request you to please let me know how do i make those three jobs in IN PROCESS state in SAP HANA.

Regards

Nilesh Awaghan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

New game new problem .....

SLT on 7.02 with DIMS/SP5 / HANA with SP3/22

When i create SAP system in the /nltr transaction, then it works in a first time withot any problems..

But, when i delete the configuration on SLT and in HANA and create a new SAP connection to the SAME SAP system

ERROR==> Source System is already used in different Configuration

The SLT ist not start monitoring job and DTR Jobs. The DUAL tabel is missing in a first step (i create a new table) and in the second step the RS_ORDER is missing .... no tables are visible in HANA from this R3 system

Question:

How can i delete this "old" entry from my first connection?

BR, peter

Edited by: Peter Straub on Dec 13, 2011 10:51 AM

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

please open new thread - SP05 for SLT is new and different from SP04 and it might be bad idea to mix steps required for SP04 with steps required for SP05 in one thread. This might confuse later readers and they might damage their SLT system.

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

Apart from the information provided by Thomas, you can also look check for errors in SLT system:

Tx: /niuuc_sync_mon--> 'Application Log' and look for errors by filtering on user and time-stamp. In most of the cases this is the first place to look for any source/ SLT related errors.

Tx: SM50: check the status of Background jobs.

Tx: SM21 and ST22: Check if any system errors have occurred

I had faced a somewhat similar issue in which replication was failing(only 'Replicate' failed not 'Load'), and it was accepted as an issue in replication(however my source was DB6 and SLT was on MaxDB). Therefore, incase problem persists it is would be advisable to open a message with SAP.

Regards, Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replies,

> Tx: /niuuc_sync_mon--> 'Application Log' and look for errors by filtering on user and time-stamp. In most of the cases this is the first place to look for any source/ SLT related errors.

> Tx: SM50: check the status of Background jobs.

> Tx: SM21 and ST22: Check if any system errors have occurred

I used this transactions many times, but I don't have any errors (ST22/SM21). In SM50 I still see that system works "fine". And I supose that, one table is blocked another. First max 4 tables HANA raplicate without problems. Next one, supose is loaded. And system works fine. Another one I just want replicate, and in HANA I see that what I wrote in my first message. When in this moment I want to load this same table, in "Data Provisoring" this table is in status "Scheduled" and I can do nothing with this table.

Tomas, I've one question for you: How can I make copy/cancel/delete jobs. I'll be grateful for answer.

Regards,

Pawel

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

start transaction SM37 and fill following entries:

Job name: IUUC*
User name: *
Job status: [ X ] Scheduled   [ X ] Released   [ X ] Ready   [ X ] Active   [   ] Finished   [   ] Canceled
or after event: *

Click Excute or press F8.

You should see following jobs (example):

IUUC_MONITOR_DATA_SLT_IDD800                   IDADMIN      Active
IUUC_REPLIC_CNTR_001_8658                      IDADMIN      Released
IUUC_REPLIC_CNTR_002_8656                      IDADMIN      Released

Select job IUUC_MONITOR_DATA_SLT_IDD800 and use menu option Job / Copy Keep same name and confirm.

You should now see new job in status Scheduled.

Keep active job selected use menu option Job / Cancel Active Job.

Active job will disappear.

Wait for controller jobs to be in release status then select one and use menu option Job / Delete. Repeat for the second job.

Now you should see only one monitoring job in scheduled status.

Launch SM37 in new window (/nSE38) and fill in following details:

Job name: DTL*
User name: *
Job status: [ X ] Scheduled   [ X ] Released   [ X ] Ready   [ X ] Active   [   ] Finished   [   ] Canceled
or after event: *

Click Excute or press F8.

You should see following jobs (example):

DTL_MT_DATA_LOAD_001_01                        IDADMIN      Active
DTL_MT_DATA_LOAD_002_01                        IDADMIN      Active
DTL_MT_DATA_LOAD_002_01                        IDADMIN      Active
DTL_MT_DATA_LOAD_002_02                        IDADMIN      Active
DTL_MT_DATA_LOAD_002_03                        IDADMIN      Active
DTL_MT_DATA_LOAD_002_04                        IDADMIN      Active

Cancel all jobs using menu option Job / Cancel Active Job.

After all jobs are removed move back to first window.

Select monitoring job in scheduled status and use toolbar button Release. Click on button Immediate and then on icon Save.

After this you should see that jobs are being scheduled again.

Advantage of this approach is that SLT will double check that everything is fine and if not it will automatically make required corrections.

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Tomas, I done everything what you wrote, but nothing happen.

I've bew HANA and SLT so I don't have too much tables in.

In Studio I've

SYS_REPL -> Tables -> RS_STATUS

SCHEMA TABLENAME ACTION STARTTIME ENDTIME STATUS PID

<REPL_SCHEMA> MARA R 2011-11-03 21:57:16 CET 2011-11-03 22:37:13 CET X ?

<REPL_SCHEMA> MARC R 2011-11-03 21:57:17 CET 2011-11-03 22:37:15 CET X ?

<REPL_SCHEMA> VBUP I 2011-11-03 22:02:00 CET 2011-11-03 22:02:06 CET X ?

<REPL_SCHEMA> VBUP R 2011-11-03 22:06:00 CET ? P ?

<REPL_SCHEMA> VBUK R 2011-11-03 22:37:46 CET 2011-11-03 22:38:17 CET X ?

<REPL_SCHEMA> RBKP I 2011-11-03 22:44:02 CET 2011-11-03 22:44:07 CET X ?

<REPL_SCHEMA> RBCO I 2011-11-03 22:44:06 CET 2011-11-03 22:44:07 CET X ?

<REPL_SCHEMA> RBCO R 2011-11-03 22:44:12 CET ? P ?

<REPL_SCHEMA> VBUK I 2011-11-03 22:50:02 CET 2011-11-03 22:50:16 CET X ?

<REPL_SCHEMA> MARA I 2011-11-03 22:54:06 CET 2011-11-03 22:54:25 CET X ?

<REPL_SCHEMA> MARC I 2011-11-03 22:54:06 CET 2011-11-03 22:54:32 CET X ?

<REPL_SCHEMA> RBKP R 2011-11-03 22:55:00 CET 2011-11-04 06:25:16 CET X ?

<REPL_SCHEMA> ACCTIT I 2011-11-03 23:00:55 CET ? S ?

<REPL_SCHEMA> RBKP I 2011-11-04 06:36:03 CET 2011-11-04 06:36:08 CET X ?

This "good" tables are:VBUP, RBCO. I don't see in "Data Provisoring": CDHDR, VBRK, VBRP.

Maybe do you have another suggestion?

Regards,

Pawel

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

it might take few minutes after restart of monitoring job to fix all issues.

Anyway let's start from beginning.

1.) in SAP HANA check content of table RS_ORDER in schema SYS_REPL

You should see only following lines:

SCHEMA          TABLENAME   ACTION
<repl_schema>   DD02L       R
<repl_schema>   DD02T       R

If you can see anything else then SLT is not retrieving orders issued from HANA Data Provisioning cockpit.

2.) In case that all is ok - please login to SLT system and provide following information from transaction IUUC_SYNC_MON - choose mass transfer ID 002 and past content of all tabs

2a.) tab relevant tables - please paste content (including overview row)

2b.) tab mt overview - click on overview row to see details - please paste content (including overview row)

2c.) application logs - click on filter - select only important ones and set date to one year back and confirm

3.) Then go to transaction IUUC_REMOTE and click on list triggers - paste here result (you should have 3 triggers for each table in replication status (not load status))

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I made some tests. I've 1 ERP, 3 users for HANA in this system, I've 3 HANA, 3 SLT systems (Oracle 10 - "SLT1", Oracle 11 - "SLT2", MAXDB - "SLT3"). And I've still one problem with notes from SAP... In SLT1 and SLT3 I've upload and implemented notes (Tomas wrote in blog: )

1644239 (not supported anymore)

And in SM21 I've errors (315 and 257). In SLT 2 I've only implemented snotes:

and all replications are still in status scheduled. In transaction SM21 I've also errors:

Database error 330

Database error 330 at OPC

> cannot use duplicate synonym name: /1CADMC/S0000202: line 1

This is not normal... Before this tests I've working SLT without this errors, now I've non SQL errors in DB.

Have you any suggestions to solve my problem?

Regards,

Pawel

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

do not be concerned by these errors as long as replication is working. Try to add record in ABAP system and check if it is existing in HANA.

I think these errors are just test if synonym exists or not (if not it would be created if yes you got harmless error) but SAP did not managed to filter away from system log.

The error should be removed by following SAP note:

Note 1625136 - SAP LT Replicator - Structure changes, Spool & Synonym

Important point is to install this note into SLT system - not in source system. I also see you have three SLT system - that should not be needed - one SLT can replicate several source systems.

Tomas

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

also please note that SLT SP05 is out.

Tomas

former_member203134
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The jobs IUUC* are not at all visible in SM37, so we cannot copy the monitor job and then reschedule as per your suggestions.

Please can you confirm about how to create IUUC_MONITOR* job at the first and then proceed with copy of the same.

Please be informed that earlier we could see these IUUC* jobs in cancelled status but now even these entries in SM37 are missing.

So we are really confused about how to start with replication task.

Regards,

Manish

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please be informed that earlier we could see these IUUC* jobs in cancelled status but now even these entries in SM37 are missing.

Can you please confirm you specified correct from date in transaction SM37? (I suggest to put at least 1 year.)

The job is having just one step - report IUUC_MONITOR_SCHEMA. But the variant was auto generated so I am not sure if you can re-create it manually.

I would suggest to install latest SLT support package SP05 that was significantly improved. There you have "Configuration and Monitoring Dashboard" (transaction LTR).

Please see new version of SLT guide from SAP:

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000604912011

Tomas

former_member203134
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tomas,

A clarification. The SLT SP05 need HANA SPS03 upgrade as a prerequisite? (the guide is about HANA 1.0 SPS3).

BR/ Manish

former_member203134
Participant
0 Kudos

also, not able to locate the DMIS SP05 on the download space. Is it released?

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

also, not able to locate the DMIS SP05 on the download space. Is it released?

Interesting - it seems that SAP realized that this package is public and fixed the mistake - I can confirm that I do not see the package anymore.

The SLT SP05 need HANA SPS03 upgrade as a prerequisite? (the guide is about HANA 1.0 SPS3).

Well - I was not sure (as I did not yet tested) but guessing from the fact that SAP removed the package I think it is either dependent or not yet in GA.

Hm...

Tomas

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was studying source code and you can use following approach:

1.) run transaction SM30, fill in entry DBCON and Display

2.) locate entries having HDB as database system - take the entry with your schema (ignore entry with system)

3.) write down the connection name - we will use it - it should be in format <hostname>:<sid>:<schema>

4.) run transaction SE38, enter program name IUUC_MONITOR_SCHEMA

5.) define new variant and fill in values from point 3. - sid, hostname, schema

6.) run transaction SM37 and define new job IUUC_MONITOR_<schema>

7.) define one step with report IUUC_MONITOR_SCHEMA and your variant

Job is rescheduling itself every midnight - so next day you should see that the job is using auto-generated variant. After this you might consider deleting the variant you created (as it will no longer be required).

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pawel,

Have your issue solved ?

I face the same problem on HANA SP3( SLT PATH5), I load three table(MARA\MAKT\KNA1) through slt from ECC to HANA, only the MARA table load success. But MARA\KNA1 have the status 'SCHEDULED' all the time ?

Could you give me some advices about the issue ?

Thanks & Regards,

Aheadjava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I've needed a much time to understand my issue... But it works.

First, Tomas - thanks for new look on SLT. But my issue was in another place.

After I've deleted first SLT, I've connected the second SLT to these same ERP source. In this moment I have to delete all triggers on ERP system. To do this I have used SLT_USER on ERP system. Transaction IUUC_REMOTE will help you.

Secondly, to one ERP I could connect only one SLT system. But to one SLT I could connect many of ERP systems (from DMIS SP5 also non SAP system).

And the last one. aheadjava. You should run transaction LTR - then you'll see "Configuration and Monitoring Dashboard for HANA". If you have configured service iuuc_repl_mon_schema_oif then you'll able to watch your Configuration Schema. Now, you've to check "Current Action" in Statistics tab and look for action: "Replication (Initial Load running). If you'll have this entries more then 4, then you have to wait to end of this action. I also observed that some tables you need to be "push" by adding new tables to replication.

Of course you can also change number of background jobs (SLT system, transaction RZ10) and number of replay jobs (when you create replication schema or in transaction LTR)

At this moment I solved my problem using first point in this message.

Thanks a lot for help!

Regards,

Pawel

former_member182921
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Logging tables are not getting cleared because of which delta records are not getting transferred. We are facing this issue only for some tables. We don’t the root cause for this.

· In some cases all records are not transferred to HANA. This is happening especially for large tables.

I need following help.Please its urgent .

1) research how to troubleshoot SLT, what transactions in ERP are used, what tables are relevant, and what the main strategies are for figuring out why a record was missed and how to fix it.

2) Look for any relevant SAP notes that may resolve these two issues

Regards,

Abhishek