cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advantages of sap gui over sap web

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

currently we are using sap gui. but we experiencing some slowing especially on peak working hours where users are making use of many transactions. I know that this is normal on those cases. My question is, if we are going for sap web. will it be more faster? efficient to use than the sap gui? this will be in terms of exporting reports and transactions. We havent tried the sap web yet. But we assume that, if we have it on web, it will be faster since only the data will be loaded and no more application gui.

Please suggest.

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case, you should check your network and Gui time to conclude whether the Web based Gui will help.

I suggest you activate trace from STAD during peak hours for few users and analyze the trace.

Check for FrontEnd statistics (GUI and Net Time).

You can also use ST03N to check for network lag in Gui response to analyze and come to a decision.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there wont be much difference in performance.Infact it will be slow when compared to GUI.

Goto ST03N(Workload monitoring) and check the avg response time.Check if any background jobs or any huge data is loading into the server.Make sure that you shecdule them in non peak hours.

Create a logon group and assign it to new app server

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Eventhough if performance is faster thru SAP WEB, it also requires more RFC's as well i believe. RFC's also occupy work processes at backend to process any / fetch any reports. again same issue with poor performance for GUI users.

Rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think it will give best result from performance point of view.

In your case, it's problem with huge load during peak hours, not with GUI you are using. Slowness during peak hours can be reduced by tunning your system from memory and resource point of view. SAP GUI and SAP WEB do not make big difference in terms of performance and response.

There are more disadvantages than advantages. SAP WEB needs more network capacity and graphics do not look good.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar