cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.3 Single stack- Set tracing and logging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

We have configured a SOAP to SOAP sync scenario in SAP PI 7.3 single stack(Java Only).

I have sent some test messages from WSNavigator to PI .

But when i checked messages in adapter engine, it is showing*"Unable to retrieve payload or you don't have sufficient authorization to view the content" I am able to monitor payloads of Async messages.

How can we set Logging and trace levels in Single stack PI? I couldn't find any options in RWB os NWA.

Thanks,

Dhanish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhanish,

As it was stated by Kenneth in his post, if you would like to see payload of a synchronous message in Message Display Tool (e.g. from Runtime WorkBench), you should set value of property messaging.SyncMessageRemover.removeBody of J2EE service XPI Service: Messaging System to 'false'. Please note that this affects only synchronous messages in final states (DLVD and FAIL).

Regarding the second part of your question - logging. In PI 7.3, you can persist the message in Adapter Framework in two ways - stage it or log it. Staging allows you to edit/restart the message later from the stage where the message was persisted and is relevant for asynchronous messages; logging allows you to only display the logged message and is relevant for both synchronous and asynchronous messages. Please also note that staging affects performance of message processing more greatly than logging, extensive staging (e.g. staging on several processing stages) can even be a reason of performance degradation for processed messages, so if you only need to display details of the message on different processing steps in Adapter Framework, logging should be sufficient. Both staging and logging can be configured using properties xiadapter.stage.conf (for staging) and xiadapter.logger.conf (for logging) of J2EE service XPI Adapter: XI.

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanish,

We are facing same problem and tried below solution but its not working as expected.

NWA -> Configuration -> Infrastructure -> Java System Properties -> Services -> XPI Service: Messaging System, set property messaging.SyncMessageRemover.removeBody = false.

Can you please let me know the solution

Regards,

mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same issue on our 7.3 single stack installation. I cannot find an equivalent to the SXMB_ADM trace level settings. Has anybody managed to locate this on a 7.3 system?

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

You might have solved this already, but you can change the settings in NWA so you can view synchronous message payload within the monitors of 7.3 Java-only.

NWA -> Configuration -> Infrastructure -> Java System Properties -> Services -> XPI Service: Messaging System, set property messaging.SyncMessageRemover.removeBody = false.

Hope this helps!

Br,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

To set up Trace & Loggin:

Transaction SXMB_ADM -> Configuration -> Integration Engine Configuration

Then, set parameter name TRACE_LEVEL, LOGGING, LOGGING_SYNC with values from 1 to 3 (3 is max trace/logging).

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

even i also have same issue. i am using PI7.3 (java stack only )..how to go to the path specified by you.