cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bare minimum configuration for warehouse management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For one of our Projects, there is a requirement of Warehouse Management merely just to enable the tracking of Material received to the Storage Bin level, as they manage the Inventory in Storage Bins in the existing Warehouses.

Other no major requirement is expected from WM like, automation of Putaway, etc.

Few of the Inventory scenarios are like Goods receipt, Goods Issue, Warehouse to Warehouse transfer, Bin to Bin transfer, Physical Inventory, Subcontracting for repairs, Vendor Consignment, also they will handle Project Special stock.

Now the configurations for Inventory Management are enabled for all the above processes. I now need to know, what are the bare mimimum configurations required so as to enable the WM related process, following each of the IM processes, like Putaway after Goods Receipt, Stock removal before Goods Issue, etc.

The Configuration for the Enterprise Structure to support Warehouse Management have been completed by creating the Warehouses & assigning the Storage locations to these Warehouses.

A detailed step by step process would be very helpful for me at this stage.

And i surely will assign points for all the useful answers.

Regards,

Zafar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to define new storage types other than the standard ones, please define them. Otherwise, you can assign

the existing storage types to the newly defined warehouse.

Also you have to define storage bin types and storage bin structures.

All this you can find under the IMG path:

SPRO->Logistics Execution->Warehouse Management->Master Data.

Regards,

Pavani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

So apart from these config activities suggested, no other configurations is required, so as to make the above listed business processes run in WM, considering that i have already created the new warehouse & copied all settings from the SAP Standard Warehouse provided in Company 0001.

Can you please let me know.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Zafar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using the standard processes in IM then you dont need to make major changes in WM system because standard setting are updated in IM-WM movement type table when you copied the warehouse number from standard. But if you are using some different movement types for goods receipt, goods issue or material transfer then you have to link these movement types with the WM movement types via ref. movement types to keep the stock in IM and WM same.

Regards,

Sandip

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I do not understand what you processes you want to control at a bin level. All the bins will be considered as fixed storage bins. The fixed bin number will be maintained in the material master. The drawback is that one material can have one fixed bin only. Also since it is fixed bin storage the warehouse optimization becomes a question since the space may not be fully utilized considering the advantages of going for full WM.

Thanks

Anandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Consider Lean WM otherwise.

Thanks

Anandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can Lean WM track the materials to Storage Bin levels ?

Please advise, as i came to know that Lean WM can be used, if no tracking is required till Storage Bins level.

Regards,

Zafar