cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with restarting a failed message (JMS adapter, synchronous message)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends

Once in a while we have been experiencing a problem where messages sent VIA PI (JMS adapter, Synchronous) fail when the receiver application has network or similiar issues giving HTTP errors. The messages status says 'cancelled with errors'

When I try to click on resend from RWB or restart from SXMB_MONI, it says that only Asynchronous messages can be restarted. Why is this limitation? Why can't I restart synchronous messages this way?

Right now in these kind of situation, I let the sender team know which messages have failed so that they can resend those messages again.

However, they keep asking me why they have to resend them since PI already has received those messages and why can't I reprocess them?

I would appreciate if some one can please let me know if there is a workaround for this issue.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> When I try to click on resend from RWB or restart from SXMB_MONI, it says that only Asynchronous messages can be restarted. Why is this limitation? Why can't I restart synchronous messages this way?

Because it's the normal SAP process (*): with synchronous message it's the Source who is THE master of HIS data, and not the middleware. So it's at the source to resend their failed data

>> However, they keep asking me why they have to resend them since PI already has received those messages and why can't I reprocess them?

Synchronous mode => Source had received a response (failed), that they have to analyze and correct, before to resend it.

>> I would appreciate if some one can please let me know if there is a workaround for this issue.

That's not an issue!

(*) by searching on SDN, you will probably find some stuff to change the message status, to be able to resend it from SXMB_MONI, but I did not recommand you.

Tips to resend any source XML message, easily:

1. in SXMB_MONI, select your XML message. Go to Detail and download your payload (contextual menu).

2. in I.D, create a sender CC, FILE adapter without content conversion, so to pick-up directly this XML file.

3. always in I.D, in Sender Agreement, replace (temporarilly) the sender CC by this one. Sace. Activate.

4. IN RWB, select this sender CC, and restart it.

regards.

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for explaining it in detail. I appreciate it.

Answers (0)