cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select a row from a table and throw an url

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to select a row from a table in Visual Composer. What I need to do it's to click over this row and throw an Url. At the moment, I've added a column with a Pushbutton with the formula to show the link; it works fine. But I need to do it without buttons just selecting the row.

Is there anyboby who knows about that?

Thanks a lot.

Belen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. And what about the previous problem?

The problem is that the loading of the html page is when the table appears without select any row. When the table is displayed and I select a row, it works but I don't want to display the html page if I don't select any row.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd try that with using in a formula (probably on the connector line) checking if the passed parameter is Null or not. (I haven't tested it)

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

To do this you will have to use a data store and a guard condition on the line which is triggered by the select action. You need to store a value in the data store each time a select action is performed. The guard condition should check for this and only perform the action when the value in the data store is greater than 0.

Jarrod Williams

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

To do this you will have to use a data store and a guard condition on the line which is triggered by the select action. You need to store a value in the data store each time a select action is performed. The guard condition should check for this and only perform the action when the value in the data store is greater than 0.

Jarrod Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. It almost works. The problem is that the loading of the html page is when the table appears without select any row. When the table is displayed and I select a row, it works but I don't want to display the html page if I don't select any row.

Please, I would like to show the html page in another window. Is it possible?

Thank you,

Belen

Former Member
0 Kudos

To show the html in another iView, don't use the html iView. just create an event to launch a hyperlink, and then it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to connect the output of the table to the input of a data service and connect this data service to an HTML iView. You can use the data service as pass through to pass the fields through, and put a select event on the line connecting the data service. This way, when you select a row, it is passed.

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try using the select action, this is available for all tables. When you stretch the line for the URL just add 'select' as the action.

Jarrod Williams