cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse PGI VL09. for Delivery showing Confirmation of Service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a SO for non stock item (Item category NLAG).Created Delivery and done Packing (HU).

After Post goods Issue.In doucment flow I see document cretaed : Confirmation of Service.

How to Reverse this document : Confirmation of Service?

How to Reverse the Delivery? Thorugh VL09 it not possible , no error message ?

Thanks in Advance for quick replies

Regards

Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yours is a Customer Service Isuue, where to confirm services we use "IW41" here no need of any PGI / PGR, if there is any goods movement to be sent along with the service technician or an service agent,, we need to raise service order "IW31".

In goods movement in service confirmation comes automatically copied fron service order. where in in "VL09" the reversing of goods reciept does not effect service confirmation but for the products.

regards

DSR

Edited by: D.Srinivasa Rao on Nov 7, 2011 12:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirmation of Service is not an actual document, it is only an indication that Service is confirmed (service materials are not Goods issued - no stock movement). So when you reverse PGI using VL09 it will only reverse the actual material movement. Since no material movement occurs for service materials, the confirmation of service does not need reversal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu.

Agreed service materials are not Goods issued - no stock movement. and no material movement occurs for service materials,

But in this case I want to Reverese the PGI ? How should I do.Through VL09 is not happening.Hence I was thinking If I could reverse the Confirmation of service , so system will allow me to Reverse the PGI? I want to Reverse the PGI what is the optionto do so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amar,

If your delivery is only containing service materials, when you press the PGI button, it will only do confirmation of service and no material document is created for the PGI. You can confirm that in document flow for the delivery/order and see that if the delivery contains only service materials, then no goods movement is created. In such a case, VL09 has nothing to reverse. VL09 only makes sense if you have products in your delivery that can be goods issued.

For example in below screen shot of document flow, the first outbound delivery has only service on it, while the second has only products on it. You can see the second created, transfer order and goods issue while the first only shows confirmation of service. I hope this explains.

. BR Quote 21672253                             15.07.11
BR Std. Ord. w/ BP 1023113                      04.10.11 Being processed
. Outbound delivery 81781861                    18.10.11 Completed
.. Confirmation of service                      18.10.11 Completed
. Outbound delivery 81781865                    18.10.11 Completed
.. WMS transfer order 832453                    18.10.11 Completed
.. GD goods issue:delvy 4902639539              18.10.11 complete

In short, the system can't reverse a goods issue as there is no goods issue in the first place, if the delivery contains only service materials. Reversing a goods issue is only relevant to product deliveries through warehouse

Though VL09 is still relevant for service items on a delivery as it would remove the VBUP-WBSTA flag which indicates that PGI is done. So once you run VL09, you should be able to make changes to the delivery and again do a PGI on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu.

Thanks for your quick response.

If the system can't reverse a goods issue as there is no goods issue in the first place.My requrement is to Reverse this Delivery .And if as per your view if its not possible how to close this flow.Since I dont want to Proceed futher for this Delivery for which PGI and Service confirmation is already done.

If Packing is not done in Delivery .I am able to reverse the PGI .

Edited by: Amar.Zarkar on Nov 7, 2011 1:35 PM

Edited by: Amar.Zarkar on Nov 7, 2011 1:37 PM

Edited by: Amar.Zarkar on Nov 7, 2011 1:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said, doing PGI by clicking PGI button or reversing PGI through VL09 does impact a service only delivery, in the sense that it sets the PGI status on and off on the item PGI status field VBUP-WBSTA. But "Confirmation of service" is not a document that can be reversed and in our production system, we do reverse service only deliveries and they still show the "Confirmation of service". We know the delivery is reversed by seeing that it allows us to change after we do VL09.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check OSS Note 1127224 - VL09: Cancellation of service items. Though this note talks about inbound delivery, check whether the correction instruction can be applied for outbound delivery or not.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

To reverse delivery, use VL02N, unpick if pick qty is there, unpack if packing is there, then click on trash icon.

If invoices exists, cancel invoice first with VF02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Agreed. But I am not able to reverse the delivery through VL09.In above senario how to reverse PGI.?If I try yp to reverse I am not getting any error message and also the PGI is not getting reverse.

Also Since the PGI is not I am not able to do unpack in Delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alan,

There is no Invoice .And since PGI is done I am not able to do upacking in VL02N.All the Icons upack,Delete,Empty etc are greyed out (Not Editable).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you show your document flow from Outbound document?

Are you able to unpick qty?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not able to attach the Screen Shot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to just use VL02N and trash the outbound? What error message system promts you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VL02N If I try to Delete I get Message: Delivery contains Handling Units

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soution :Implement SAP Note :1569043