cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM37 to Spool - wrong printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all.

I have a background job with several steps. All steps have spool output which automatically go to the spool, from where I can print them. Printer is LOCL for every step, default printer from windows, a network printer, with IP address. All this worked fine, until I have moved to another location and printer have changed IP address. Since then Spool wants to print to some old printer that is set in windows but isn't default. I tried to delete that printer from windows, but spool still wants to print with that printer. I have to enter every spool request and manually change printer to printer I want. I can print on that default printer form Word, or any other program.

And the weirdest part is that one step can be printed automatically on default printer. I have compared settings for that step with any other step and there are the same.

Do you have any suggestions what could be the problem?

Best regards,

Duu0161ko u0160orak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted old jobs and created new jobs with corrected printer. This solution works.

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked in SPAD definition of LOCL? In my case printer name is "__DEFAULT". Is it also like this for you? Maybe you can try setting here name of your new Windows printer.

Does it also happen, when you try to print something not from batch job, but as dialog user?

Best Regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Printer name of LOCL is __DEFAULT.

When I try to print something as a dialog user, printer works ok. If I try to run just one step from job, that step goes to spool and can be printed. I'll try to create new jobs. Maybe that will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I can't understand if you want to print automatically the job or if you want to change the printer.

You need to consider the LOCAL print can't work in a background process, because it's the printer of frontend, if you assigned it to a job, you can place the job in the spool only, and print it by transaction SP01 or SP02

If you want to print a job as soon as is over you need to assign another printer defined in SPAD

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

when I try to print job from spool with sp01, I can't automatically print it with LOCL printer, but I have to enter that job and change Frontend Printer. In Spool attributes for job Output Device is LOCL, but Frontend printer is old printer that we don't use any more. So every time I have to enter spool list from that job in spool and change Frontend printer.

I hope that you understand my problem now.

Best regards,

Duu0161ko u0160orak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So you mean the job keeps the parameter of the LOCAL printer available when the job was created

That means it shoudl be old jobs?

I know the spool saves the windows printer because it could choose several printer, I mean if you use LOCAL the system will use the windows default printer by default,

but if you have several printer on your pc, you can choose one of those.

Max