cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.0 SR3 Installation Central instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning guys,

i have a problem with a fresh installation of Netweaver 7.0 SR3 on my Centos 6 linux.

I downloaded the DVD's, Oracle, Kernel, Master and Export... etc..

Now after i run the sapinst script, i am pointed to chose a series of possible installations, i chose netweaver, then lifecycle and then i have some options to check the prerequisites, install a new AS (additinal to an installation) and system copy and a couple of other options. I repeat, i want a fresh clean installation, on that system i never had any AS installed.

I think i am missing something. Can you please help me. I read the installation guide but i don't see a solution there.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP product Availability matrix Centos 6 Linux is not support for SAP products. Before you start any installation

please check the supported OS and DB platforms from http://service.sap.com/pam

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

my query was: what option to choose from the SAPinst installation tree , to install NW7.0, i should see something like: NW7.0->Central instance->DB->Abap+java->end

I have the right Master dvd, the prerequisite check went ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a normal central instance installation, the path you mentioned in your reply is the one to be used.

But looks like you do not see this tree when starting SAPInst. The reason is because your OS might not be supported. The options for installation are not shown if the OS requirements are not fulfilled.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be more specific, i don't have the tree: SAP Netweaver 7.0 Support Release 3> SAP Systems ..> DB->central system

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now after i run the sapinst script, i am pointed to chose a series of possible installations, i chose netweaver, then lifecycle and then i have some options to check the prerequisites, install a new AS (additinal to an installation) and system copy and a couple of other options.

It implies Current OS platform is not supported for Central system installation.

To be more specific, i don't have the tree: SAP Netweaver 7.0 Support Release 3> SAP Systems ..> DB->central system

It implies current OS platform is not supported. Hence the required tree is not visible.

Hope your query is answered.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (0)