cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP App not working on device BlackBerry 9300 OS 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created a mobile application using SUP 2.0 and BB Plugin. The application is working fine on the simulator and is also completing the complete business process. We have signed the application with the BlackBerry Sigin keys and deployed the application on the device (BB 9300 - OS 6).

I am not using the WiFi option. I am trying to connect to the SUP server using the BB Data plan. The SUP server is pinged from the device and resturn success. Also would like to know how to use the WiFi option on this device to run the application.

When I run the application it gives the error "communication error : Tunnel Failed or APN not specified or the DNS errror". Is there some specific settings that I need to do for this device.

Please suggest. Really appreciate if anyone could help me out here.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i also faced same kind of issue, Your getting that Error because it may be some problem with your service provider's APN settings. so it is better to use Wi-Fi connection to execute your application.Usually for blackberry to connect with a server we need a MDS service,this service will come in the part of BES. when you executed your application from blackberry simulator you used to run one MDS simulator rite.same way execute the MDS in your SUP installed machine.this will start your MDS service in your machine. http://localhost:8080/ is the MDS server's address. In your generated code file there will be one file called <projectnameDB> in that file check for the code to give the network preference. in that you can give whether connect through Wi-Fi or EDGE network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I also want the application to work for WiFi mode itself. When I tried the WiFi mode with the code of "transport = WIFI", and also we have the MDS running on the server, it gave me an error APN not specififed. Hence I went ahead and added the APN. Then it started giving the DNS error. Someone suggested this is because the service book is not completely downloaded. Now I have done that also and no change in the error.

You are saying that the BES needs to be connected. Rightnow BES is not connected for me could that be an issue.

We have used the same MBO (MBS mode) and deployed the application successfully on the iPad. Hence I think there is some setting very specific to BlackBerry which is creating the issue. If you have any other suggestions would really appreciate.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Check which which sim card you are using...i was also facing the same problem...then i had given APN settings as

Check the Check box for APN setting and give TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET...as i was using tata docomo simcard....plz check which simcard you are using and check APN settings for your service provider....

Please let me know if this resolve your query.

Thanks

LGA
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I saw your question on the forum that talks about mobile applications like blackberry, in fact I have a little problem I just started to develop mobile applications with SUP 2.0, my problem is that when download package 5.0 I request the login and password on the blackberry.com site.

I created an account on this site and I put my login when downloading but it does not work and the following error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed

session context was:(profile=PlatformProfile,

phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=,

action=).

Unable to read repository at:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/auth/contactFormPreload.do?

code=DC727151E5D55DDE1E950767CF861CA5&dl=9ABE2007556442DEDA6248C27A994170. Too

many failed login attempts.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are not able to reset your password/account? This is more of an issue that blackberry support should help you with, you probably can always create a new free account and try again.

Bjorn

LGA
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you for your answer

I succeeded to add the plug-in on SAP 2.0 blackberry but I do not see the tab windows / preferences Device Application Designer that allows me to configure the blackberry simulator and develop the application

lotfi,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lotfi,

SUP 2.0 does not support the DAD. You will have to upgrade to SUP2.1.There is patch provided by Sybase for the same. If you are using 2.0 all the UI has to be developed by you using the device native development laguage for UI (like Java or Xcode).

Thanks n Regards

LGA
Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

Thank you for your response,

Will you tell me the steps or documents that can be upgrade to 2.1 SUP ?

cordially

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lotif,

I do not think it is freely downloadable. Please reach out to Sybase.

Thanks n Regards

LGA
Participant
0 Kudos

hi MobileApps(android ) ;

I checked the website of the sybase versions available for download I found that they offer only for version 2.1: sup 2.1 Enterprise Server windows media 64

2.1 sup unlimited application class A business support

SUP 2.1 entreprise windows developer is missing