SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Independent Validations not possible message appears while uploading Read

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have encountered an issue while uploading the Meter Reads. The last meter read uploaded on the account was on 12.02.2008 and after that the reads were not uploaded for this account (which is Live) for some reason.

Now when I created the MR Order , am not able to find any value in the Expected MR , Lower limit or Upper limit . I tried to enter the meter read that is very higher than the previous read and i get a message that " Independent validations not possible ". The reason provided for this is " No expected consumption or reading was found for the register. Independent validations could not be carried out. The meter reading status is set to plausible."

Previous Read : 39602 uploaded on 12.02.2008

Current Read : 63555 to be uploaded on 01.11.2011

This read should have been set to implausible but it is set as plausible read.

Could someone help me on this issue?

Regards,

Chitra

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chitra,

Could you please check the below path in SPRO-:

SAP Utilities -> Device Management -> Meter Reading -> Validations -> Allocate Independent Validations to Validation classes

Check if for your validation class has "94" (Independent validation not possible) entered. Remove 94 from your validation class and re-try again. Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

0 Kudos

Hi Mayur ,

Actually this read doesnt meet the tolerance level and this should have been uploaded as an Implausible read .

Please let me know your views on this

Regards,

Chitra

0 Kudos

Hi Chitra,

Meter reading validation is dependent on the configuration settings in your system.

When you enter meter reading through EL28 transaction there is a field called "MR Data Information" (Overview of validations) which when double clicked gives you the detailed validations (along with max and min MR values) it has performed on the meter reading entered. Can you check that?

Also as i mentioned the configuration settings done in the below path will decide the validations (zero consumption validation, absolute and relative tolerance limit validations etc) to be performed-:

SPRO -> SAP Utilities -> Device Management -> Meter Reading -> Validations -> Allocate Independent Validations to Validations Classes

Also did you check calculating the expected MR for your billing period using Periodic Consumption entered at the register level.

Please let me know if this is useful. Also if still not working i would like to know your Periodic consumption at register level and validations assigned to be performed in the above config path then i can guide you more clearly.

Thanks,

Mayuresh