cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to open Configtool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done a restoration of Java Stack system and there is a change in SID and Hostname in the target server. For changing the SID and hostanme, when i try to open configtool, i am getting error related to SecureStore.

com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Error while accessing secure store: The encryption key (usually in the key file) is not the key that is required to decrypt the data in the secure store file or the system name (SID) is wrong

Please let me know, if anyone has come across the same issue.

Regards,

Ranjith Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

Since you have restored Java DB using restore recovery, instance properties and secure store files exist in /usr/sap/SID/Instance/j2ee are not in sync with DB.

You cannot open configtool until you modify necessary parameters like SID etc in instance.properties and config.properties files. I think you can use offlineconfigtool to make necessary changes but I needs hell lot of manual corrections.

I would suggest to export/import Java DB using SAPINST. Restore/recovery method using DB tools is not at all recommended by SAP especially for Java systems.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Disaster Recovery project, i have followed the backup/restore method for setting up the Java standby system and at that time, there was only change in hostname and everything worked perfectly without any issues.

But now, there is change in both hostname and SID in target system.

I'll try to copy the SecStore file from other system and will update the status.

Regards,

Ranjith Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue has been resolved. Actually it is a bug in configtool, so i downloaded the latest SP and extracted the configtool and then i was able to edit the securestore.

SAP Note 1513450 resolved the issue.

Thanks for a replying.

Regards,

Ranjith Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

What was your approach for this system refresh? Have you followed database backup / restore approach? or performed it through export / import method?

Did u try to launch the offline editor? ./offlinecfgeditor.sh .... If you able to launch this apply the sap note 831812-config tool parameter after system copy and edit the parameters stated in the note.

Best Regards,

Vasanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

I used backup-restore procedure to perform system copy.

I am getting same error, when i try to access offlinecfgeditor.sh.

Regards,

Ranjith Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SecStore.key is an encrypted file that contains the key to unlock the SecStore.conf. You cannot just copy this key if you changed something (SID for example) in your SecStore. The key won't be

correspondent to this SecStore anymore. You need to create a new key for your new SecStore.conf.

You can try the following as a workaround:

a) Take a SecStore.properties from another engine that uses the same version and database system.

(the DB URL is complex and differs from e.g. MSSQL to MaxDB). This file should NOT be encrypted.

b) Delete the "key" file (backup firstly, of course) and put the (a) file to the engine where it is missing from.

c) Use ConfigTool to edit the properties.

d) Use ConfigTool to encrypt the new file.

Refer:

Good Luck.

Regards,

Varun

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjit,

When you need to do system referese of abap+java system, at that time you have to use sapinst backup restore method.

Thanks,

Anil Bhandary