Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP stock categories CS and CA/CN usage

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

while setting up the GATP CheckControl (mapping ATP categories to an ATP-Group/BusinessEvent combination) I wonder

1) how to deal with "in-transit stock" CS

and

2) what difference is between / when to use between CA and CN

CS:

Comparing the CheckControl in R3 (Transaction OVZ9) there is nothing like "In-transit" stock - can someone explain in which case I have to add CS (or not). My understanding is that it would be sufficient to add ATP cat. BF/BE which should include any incoming Procurement qty as receipts available in the ATP check ?

CA/CN:

In regards to CA / CN - I have an ATP check performed on SubLocation level (not at location level) since the SD Sales orders are being assigned to a plant and storage location in R3. Is it necessary / useful to add CA in this case which is the STO plant-to-plant level ?

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

CS - We have observed that in a stock transfer scenario BF is created at destination and BI is created at source.

When goods issue is done for the PO, the BI at source vanishes and BF at destination is replaced by CS.

So you might want to add CS to the scope of check in APO is you want the stock in transit to be considered.

My opinion is if you are including BF which is PO without GI, you should definitely include CS.

CN - seems to be storage location transfer (movement from one sloc to another)

If you have enabled sublocation check in scope of check this could be relevant

CA - Not sure. But please do share if you happen to find out

Regards,

Ashok

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

do you know by chance if working with CS ATP category in APO requires to activate "in Transit Stocks" in CFM1 in R3 CIF model definition ? Is this the preqrequisite to have CS physically created with the PGI of a stocktransfer in R3 ?

Tks

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Yes, as per my understanding the IM for "Transit stock" is required for transfer of in transits to APO.

In our system, we have included it in our IM and we are able to see intransits (post PGI) as CS in APO.

Regards,

Ashok

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

tks for your reply !

If someone else has some more inside to CA/CN difference - this would be great !

Regards

Thomas

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

'Stock in transit' appears as a MRP element if GI is done at issuing location , but not yet recd at receiving plant in case of STO (if the element CS is included in scope of check).

CA or CN appears depending on material movement between plant or storage location .

Refer also note 591310.

Regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal,

Thanks... valuable info...

Hi Thomas,

Went through the note from Mrinal and checked Ecc help...

Please check out the link below..

AS explained by Mrinal, CA - plant to plant stock transfer and CS is Storage location to Storage location transfer.

There are two methods for each of the above.

One step method - Stock is directly transferred between plants or Slocs in one step no time lag...there would not be any need for CA or CN here because CC from one plant /Sloc moves to another instantly.

Two step method - here the stock transfer happens in 2 steps. removal from source and posting into destination, here there could be time lag between the two in which case we will see a CA or CN element to show the transaction is in progress.

The two step methods are explained in the link below...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/4d/2ba31643ad11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ashok

Answers (0)