cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked objects in transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a transport request with many tasks/users. I wander how to deal if users want to transport only their own tasks to following (QAS) system.

The issue is that if I do not delete the task the objects keep to be locked in that task.What does that mean.

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

the Transport Organizer gives you some options to handle the request:

1)To transport a specific task to the QAS system, create a new request from type Transport of Copies and then you can include specific tasks of the original request. You have to assign the QAS system as target for this new request. You can transport the copy to QAS while the original request keeps untouched.

2)For transport into production you can split of the original request. You have to create a new request from the same type as the original one and you can the reassign a task to the new request, which will remove it from the original request. But check for dependencies!

Regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I have a transport request with many tasks/users. I wander how to deal if users want to transport only their own tasks to following (QAS) system.

In that case, I think you have to delete that task from that particular transport and users should create their particular tasks against a new transport to send them to QAS.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever there is a change to an object, it is recorded in a task. Ofcourse this is required, for many purposes. Mainly for sake for recording as who, why and when did the change. Next, so that this change once recorded can be transported across to other systems. Also - the objects are locked in the request so as to signify that changes are being made to a particular object.

This is important so as to avoid conflict if mulitple users try to change same object and even same section in that object. In such scenarios - it is important to keep the object locked until the last transport changing it is released.

Regards,

Srikishan