cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can MII 12.2 be installed on top of a 7.3 NW configured as an AAEX

0 Kudos

Hello,

To be able to locally leverage the new Java Idoc adapter released with NW7.3, we would like to know if someone has already tried to install MII 12.2 on top of a NW 7.3 configured with AAEX usage type ( PI advanced adapter engine extended) ?

it would be nice to know if this instalaltion option is feasible ?

Thank You.

Frédéric Gautier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not heard of anyone using this feature yet. Will forward this thread to some others who might know more about its use in MII.

Regards,

Mike

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic

MII 12.2 has never been tested on NW 730 with AAEX usage type, so the answer is no it will not work. You can try it out but if there is problems SAP might not offer support as this is not part of the PAM.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Partha

0 Kudos

Hello Partha,

Thank you for your asnwer but if we check the PAM the prerequisite is: SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NW CE 7.1 ( Java Application Server ); SAP NETWEAVER 7.3 ( Application Server Java ) and if we check the the installation guide for MII12.2 it is stated that MII only needs the JAVA server usage type on NW7.3 . An AAEX installed NETWEAVER 7.3 is complying with that....

Do you know who at SAP could validate this configuration and give us an official statement on this topic ?

I am quite sure that we are not the only customer interested in leveraging the Java Idoc adapter which has a lot of advantages over the standard MII data buffer.

Regards,

Frederic Gautier;

0 Kudos

hello,

I just got a confirmation from SAP experts at the SAP Tech Ed 2011 in Madrid ( during presentation PMC200: SAP Middleware Solutions and Best Practices ) that this installation option is possible and validated by SAP : MII12.2 on top an NW73 AAEX.

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic

This is good news. Can you share the name of the expert who confirmed this? I can cross check this with him.

Regards

Partha

0 Kudos

hello Partha,

I am happy to help you getting in contact with your colleagues at SAP but on this thread I can only tell you that this information was given during presentation of PMC200 : "SAP Middleware Solutions and Best Practices" at the Madrid SAP Tech Ed 2011. The speakerin has presented herself as a member of the Solution Management Technology Team for Business Integration which is responsible for SAP netweaver Process Integration, Business Process Management and related solutions.

The conclusion for me was that MII 12.2 can leverage Process Integration technologies locally on the same Java server, thus simplifying the MII/PI landscape and architecture significantly .

I would advise you to get in touch with that department eventhough I don't think there is any need to cross check that because, as said before, everything is written in the PAM and the MII 12.2 installation guides and prerequistes. If you still want to cross check that with her, please send me an e-mail and I will give you her name.

Regards,

Frederic Gautier.

ps: it is a mistery for me how so many members from MII side at SAP could tell me such wrong statements. It seems that there is a lack of information sharing at SAP between MII teams and Netweaver teams .....

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which is the wrong statement you are referring to?

thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos

Wrong statements are : MII 12.2 will not be supported by SAP if running on NW 7.3 installed with PI AAEX and MII 12.2 has to be tested first at SAP on this NW configuration .

After visiting TechEd, I now understand that all these are wrong statements and that MII12.2 is released to run on any NW 7.3 Java stack .

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

I suspect that we did not understand your original question. I interpreted that you wished to use the new IDoc Adapter AAEX within MII. I will let Partha respond on his interpretation of your original question.

I would also be curious to see if the MII IDoc listeners still work on an NW 7.3 system which incorporates the AAEX. If the AAEX replaces the current IDoc functions in NW used by MII, I would consider that a problem for MII.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We are currently working on an MII projects where the target is to have 200 MII sites working independantly from the ECC backend system. Communications from ECC to MII are using the MII IDOC listener which is tightly embeded into MII applications and here we don't have any specific requirements ( except maybe the possibility to monitor centrally ).

Our concern is about the other direction where we want to move from synchronous BAPI connections to asynchronous links via IDOC's. As we undesrtood that MII 12.2 was released for NW7.3 we were thinking of using the AAEX installed on the same Java server as MII to leverage the PI IDOC adapter where the message flows are much easier to monitor centrally via Solution Manager than the standard MII data buffer. We were also thinking that it would be easier for the developer to post an IDOC by just posting the IDOC xml payload to the http or soap adapter ( with standard MII JCO , one would need to handle the call to the the IDOC_INBOUND_SYNCHRONOUS RFC functions which is a bit more complex than a simple http post).

After some first divergent statements, SAP's seems now to say that this config has not yet been tested at SAP an therefore it would not be released for now. Strange for us because MI12.2 seems to be only dependant on components that are available on both NW7.3 CE and PI NW7.3 AEX...?

Regards,

Frederic Gautier.

thomaselsaesser
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the recommended way to send IDOCs from MII to ECC is to use the JCo (tRFC for synchronous or qRFC for asynchronous call) and the data buffer, if the data should be buffered (e.g. in case ECC is not available at the time of sending).

The combined installation of AAEX and MII is not released by SAP for NetWeaver release 7.30; the NetWeaver versions CE and AAEX are different for that release, only with EhP1 (7.31) the basis is the same. It should also be considered that with the installation of AAEX, you install a local PI system (on the same server as MII, but as a different product); the connectivity functions of PI cannot be used directly from MII, so MII would send a message to PI, and PI would forward the message to another system. Currently, there are no plans to merge MII and PI into a single product.

Best regards,

Thomas Elsässer

0 Kudos

Hi Frederic, can you tell me if you also installed NW CE EHP1 as well, or just NW 7.3 and deployed the MII SCA's. Thanks and sorry to hijack your thread.

0 Kudos

hello Sheldon,

We got finally following answer from SAP:

Is the installation of SAP MII 12.2 and AEX (as part of SAP NetWeaver 7.3) on the same server supported by SAP?

Answer: No. Reason: As pointed out, this combined installation on NetWeaver 7.30 is not released; there are differences between CE and AEX, and the combination has never been tested/validated. Please note also that AEX is NOT a usage type, but an u201Coptional standalone unitu201D (see NetWeaver master guide for details). For version 7.31, the code base will be the same, but MII 12.2 is based on 7.30.

There are then two prerequisites to run MII on top of an AEX: EHP1 released for NW7.3 ( it just entered ramp-up) and MII needs to be released for NW 7.31 ( MII 12.2 is only released today for NW 730) ... ?