cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am quite confused these days, as i actually dont know what work i am doing. i hav just completed 6 months working with SAP -APO 7. one of my friend working with me switched his job to some other company..he had 1.5 yrs of experience in APO. but his main profile was DP though he had knowledge of SNP and some of PPDS also..but problem with me is that i do only functional work i.e flat file uploading in DP, CTM profile generation, PPM integration, Ciffing, CCR, forecast releasing, New cvc maintaining, Process order related issue solving, proper deployment (TLB) and allocation. but all this work has really got value in market ? I have heard through my friend that if suppose you are working with DP, then you must be aware how this planning book actually functions, how can it be created, how to customize it, what is consensus forecast, stat forecast and many other things...because through this only you can clear interview. after hearing this, i am feeling really low, that how come i will know all this things, and how i can get knowledge of all this things..uptill this time i have atleast understood my business process, and also how APO helps in planning effectively. but want to know the work which i am doing is technical or functional ? and what should i do to increase my knowledge about APO specially DP and SNP..pls help me..i am very much frustrated...

pls give me some suggestion, some techniques, so that i can overcome the above queries ..

your help will be appreciated

Regards,

Jigar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you DB49,

but still i have some qurries, if the job that i am doing is functional, then what is technical??.and what is techno-functional consultant?.

also i have to update my CV, so i dont understand what to mention in it, as in earlier qurries, i had described my work, but to write this in CV in a simple langugae will not be accepted in this professional world. the friend which i was talking about, i has refered this CV but hardly 2 or 3 activities were similar with my work and actually we were together in the same company previously, so i know little bit about his work, and now after refering his CV it seems to be completely different.

pls DB49, if you can suggest some meaning ful site, books, or you yourself can mention what i can add in my jobs description based on work that i had described you earlier, it would be a great help for me...

actually i am from production background, done my BE in prod Engg in 2010 and just two months ago my final exzam in 2010 my father got expired..so i am the only one to support my family in all respects.

so thats why money is of prime importance for me and this is the reason why i wanted to ghater more knowledge about APO as its the most demanding software and also excelling in it will definitely increase my market value and will able to earn more....

hope you understand..

regards,

Jigar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jigar,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

if the job that i am doing is functional, then what is technical??.

There is no strict definition. Most people consider 'technical' to include skill in using programming languages to create or enhance solutions.

and what is techno-functional consultant?.

Even less structured definition. If someone calls themself 'techno-functional', they could mean just about anything. For me, I would assume that it would mean the person not only knows the application, but also has some programming skills.

i have to update my CV, so i dont understand what to mention in it,

There are dozens of ways to approach this. There is no 'best' way that will work better than all the rest every time. To make this even more difficult, the requirements vary depending upon the target audience and target region.

This series of questions is not really suited for the APO forum. Job related questions should be posted in one of the 'Community Discussion' forums, such as Coffee Corner or Career Center

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

and really thanks alot for your helpful suggestions,

of course ifirst i need to get excel my self, develop my skills whiich inturn will help me to lead better career.

regards,

jigar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jigar,

but all this work has really got value in market ?

Yes! It is not enough to be able to create and configure solutions. You also must be able to help the business users maintain them.

I have heard through my friend that if suppose you are working with DP, then you must be aware how this planning book actually functions, how can it be created, how to customize it, what is consensus forecast, stat forecast and many other things...because through this only you can clear interview.

Yes. Remember, the interview is only the first hurdle. After you have been hired, you have to perform! I assume you are talking about a non-consulting job. Most companies want a functional analyst that can create and maintain functionality, and can deal with both business people as well as developers.

how i can get knowledge of all this things.

Most people end up taking classes. A few will attempt to be certified as SAP consultants. It is possible to self-educate, but this is an extremely tough path.

the work which i am doing is technical or functional ?

From your brief description, I would say functional.

what should i do to increase my knowledge about APO specially DP and SNP..

Try SAP education. If that is financially out of your reach, then try SAPPRESS.

SAP India Education SNP

https://training.sap.com/in/en/search?query=supplynetworkplanning

SAP India Education - Demand Planning

https://training.sap.com/in/en/search?query=Demand+planning

SAPPRESS

http://www.sap-press.com/search.php?search_query=supplynetworkplanning;x=0&y=0

http://www.sap-press.com/search.php?search_query=Demand+planning;x=0&y=0

And of course, there is a ton of freely available information on the internet, both within SAP sites, and in other sites as well. Just try any of the major search engines.

Best Regards,

DB49