cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Activity type for Work center in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Are there possible if I assign various activity types to one work center that is reserved for project?

Thanks in advance!!

NLE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can assign multple activity types to one work center. The prerequiste is those activity types must be assigned to cost center (using KP26). In Project builder you have an option to choose the Atype other than the default one. I am not sure what is the maximum limitation of assignment of Atypes to WC.

Regards,

PSR

Edited by: PSR on Nov 5, 2011 1:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks PRP for your response.

I would like to clarify my matter in detail in this case following:

For example, I have a work center with 2 capacity categories "Person" and "Machine".

And when I assign this WC to a internal activity, the system just only use the default activity type to calculate plan cost for both of them.

Can the system calculate cost of each category with separate activity type in a work center??

Thanks in advance

NLE

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NLE,

One assign different activity types to work center in tr code cr02.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you are using this WCs for Project network activities.You can not define two categories for one work center. Let see experts views here.

In general Production Planning WCs have multiple assignment of Atypes because these are very much required for assignment to each operation with different Atypes with one WCs. I never come across your kind of requirement. We use only one WC with one category (Project Management or you can define as you needed.) with one activity type which will translate the planned hours into planned cost of that activity.

Please elaborate your question with more details and sorry about that.

system always use the default Atype for calcuation purpose.

Regards,

PSR

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you create 2 work center in your case ? It may solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl elaborate your question so that we can guide you accordingly.

Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my case, I create 2 capacity with various capacity category and then I assign both of them to Work center.

In capacity view of project, the system allow me to split them in project structure for capacity leveling.

However from cost of project, the system just allow to enter one activity type in work center because there is only one field activity type in cost tab of work center for internal-processed.

Please help me in this case.

Thanks in advance

NLE

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CR02 we assign different ativity types. In costing tab there is table select activity type text in 1St column and give the activity type and give some dummy formula. Or else just maintain the price for the activity type in kp26 against the cost center assigned to your work center and use the activity type.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If Man and Machine are catagory then u need to create 2 work center as work center catagory is different.

In the machine work center give activity type of machine so when u assign to project it will calculate the plan cost with the value maintain in KP26.

Same procedure needs to follow for Man catagory.

Pl confirm and revert back.

Regards

Keshav