cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Productivity Pak for Us customer

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement from client to install the RWD productivity pak for training documents and I have heard this name first time and I already instaalled the Solman 7.1 and Dev box of CRM 7 EHP 1 and ECC EHP 5. I have below queries-

1) Is basis responsible to install RWD Productivity pak.

2) Do we need to install this software on each users machine or we need to install it on our ecc/solman/crm servers on each box (DEV,QAS, PRD).

3) What are the installation steps and the prerequisites.

4) Do we require extra hardware ? with some environment and if we require to integrate it with SAP with steps or guide.

5) I checked it on service mkt place and version 4.3 and 4.4 is avl so which version should i prefer.

Regards

Saurabh Mishra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shu,

Under SAP PROD PAK SERVER 4.3 -> Windows Server on IA32 32bit (SAP Education Products" SAP PRODUCTIVITY PAK BY ANCILE" SAP PRODUCTIVITY PAK 4.3) I am only getting the below files-

RWDuPerfServer43P_1-10009622.ZIP

RWDuPerfServer43P_2-10009622.ZIP

Is this the right server software ?

- Can we install database , application and search index on same machine ?

- OS is windows (2003, 2008, Win 7, Vista or XP ???), Is RWD only supported on 32 bit windows with IA processor or any processor ?

- Where can I find the installation document or all the prerequistes ?

- Which database is preferable SQL, oracle or DB2 , currently we have SAP system on DB2

- Do we need to integrate the RWD with all SAP system landscapes ?

- Also suggest the hardware requirement (RAMprocessorhard disk space) if 1 server installation is possible for all the req (Search Server + Database Server + Web Application Server + Administrator Workbench)

Thanks

P

Edited by: saumishr on Nov 9, 2011 5:21 PM

liushu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

sorry, too busy with messages these days.

RWDuPerfServer43P_1-10009622.ZIP

RWDuPerfServer43P_2-10009622.ZIP

These are patch but not the installation file.

For installation, goto:

-> Service.sap.com/swdc

-> Installations and Upgrades

-> Browse our Download Catalog

-> SAP Education Products

-> SAP PRODUCTIVITY PAK BY Ancile

-> SAP PRODUCTIVITY PAK 4.3 (or 4.4)

-> Installation

-> Downloads

-> Product ID Application Instruction SAP Productivity Pak

- Can we install database , application and search index on same machine ?

Yes

- OS is windows (2003, 2008, Win 7, Vista or XP ???), Is RWD only supported on 32 bit windows with IA processor or any processor ?

64 bit can also be supported but Ancile programs are written for 32 bit. it can work with 64 but still on 32 bit mode.

- Where can I find the installation document or all the prerequistes ?

after extracting the packages downloaded from SMP, you will get the administration guide, which includes the installation guide.

- Which database is preferable SQL, oracle or DB2 , currently we have SAP system on DB2

emmm... SQL is simple to use. xxx doesn't like oracle. no idea for DB2....

- Do we need to integrate the RWD with all SAP system landscapes ?

If you want to use Help LaunchPad for All the SAP systems, you will need to import the HLP addon to each of the system (ABAP side).

- Also suggest the hardware requirement (RAMprocessorhard disk space) if 1 server installation is possible for all the req (Search Server + Database Server + Web Application Server + Administrator Workbench)

Not much idea for sizing. depends on the workload...

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Shu !!! Perfect answer that i was looking for , I will more search for the Hardware req and how can we integrate prodcutivity pak with SAP.

I really appreciate.

Regards

Saurabh

liushu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

one thing to correct:

• Can we install database , application and search index on same machine ?

You can install everything on one server for testing.

But Ancile would recommend at least two servers for general usage.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Could you please provide the update on above queries, I will be very thankful to you.

Regards

Saurabh Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Please close this post as it looks to have been answered by Shu.

Regards,

Matthew

liushu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1) it is up to your boss's decision

2) SPP has both server part and client part.

if you need to edit or create document on Ancile, you can install the client. otherwise, end users can just view documents on web.

3) you need to check with Ancile document which can be downloaded together with the software package on SMP.

4) normally yes. only when you are about to use HelpLaunchPad or Context sensitive help there will be interaction with SAP.

5) depends on you.