cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread Closure & Reward Points Etiquette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am sure most of us have experienced this. We go outside the work schedule to help fellow SDNers on the issues raised in the forum. We pull and push information from this knowledge exchange forum.

Few key things that I wanted to bring to the suggestion corner -

- Threads left hanging in thin air - After raising questions and getting potential solution, majority dont revisit the thread and update the outcome. This leaves the thread unclosed and hanging. In this event, even if the suggested fix works, a new person sees the thread "technically left open" and raises a duplicate question.

Suggestion : Instead of 10 open questions at a time, it should be brought down to 5, so that they update the thread and close it. This will avoid duplicates and show thread logically concluded.

- No rewards given for solution. Atleast in 7/10 cases, users dont care to assign any reward points.

Shouldnt there be a better mechanism built in place to make it a win - win situation for both the parties.

Suggestion : Probably there should be a forum mandatory check to thread creator to reward good answers on every reply.

Many Thanks ~ Dhanz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Suggestion : Instead of 10 open questions at a time, it should be brought down to 5.

I'd like to see it brought down to two or three.

Shouldnt there be a better mechanism built in place to make it a win - win situation for both the parties.

Personally, I like the idea of just voting each reply up or down.

But there will be large forum changes coming soon, and I don't know which ideas will be incorporated. So we'll have to wait and see.

Rob

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob:

I really second your opinion of limiting the numbers of threads to 3 or even 2 is better..I have been contributing on ERP financial forum since a year and have come across a conclusion that most of the questions are left unattended by the original posters having sought the solution..Threads worthy of reward should be rewarded , if they are not then its should be moderators responsibility to review such question at some point in time...

Form's bugs should also be fixed, i have highlighted them in my email to SCN authorities.. I am optimistic for some positive changes in the forums quality in the upcoming time..

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
then its should be moderators responsibility to review such question

If everything is Moderator's responsibility, then Moderators have to work exclusively for this forum which is highly impossible. Please understand they are also sparing their time and moderating and wherever possible, any threads posted are deviating the forum rules, action would be taken by locking such threads or warning the concerned members.

In fact, I have seen even senior members are posting answers for basic or repeated questions where they were supposed to advice the OP not to deviate forum rules. Everybody should take the responsibility and not only Moderators.

G. Lakshmipathi

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reducing the number of open questions would cause moderators problems... I've still got open questions in the moderator forum. They're important and haven't been answered. But even for general users, it's entirely possible to have quite a number of open questions on different topics. Ten seems right to me.

If someone doesn't want to give points, that seems to me entirely up to them. I certainly won't censure anyone for not giving points.

Answers (0)