cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about SAPLogonTree.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Few questions regarding the SAP Logon Pad version identification at file level (need to findout the patch level from within any SAP GUI related file).

1) Within the SAPLogonTree.xml file, the string 7100.1.6.1050 represents

7100 - SAPGUI 7.20

1 - Compilation level

6 - Patch level 6

1050 - Build number

Question:

1) Does the SAPLogonTree.xml file gets updated itself whenever we update the SAP Logon Pad patch level?

2) Is there any DOS command to findout the SAP LogonPad patch level in Windows PC?

3) Any registry key available within Windows PC which could help in identifying the GUI patch level?

Looking forward to expert advice.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Does the SAPLogonTree.xml file gets updated itself whenever we update the SAP Logon Pad patch level?

I cannot answer this because we use a central login server which provides the necessary login infomation. Therefore I dont update the file everytime a patch goes live an the saplogontree.xml shows the "old" version which is incorrect. I guess if you use local configuration the file is updated everytime you patch your GUI but cant guarantee.

2) Is there any DOS command to findout the SAP LogonPad patch level in Windows PC?

No.

3) Any registry key available within Windows PC which could help in identifying the GUI patch level?

No.

You can instead write a program which reads the GUI version and the patch level every time a user logs into the system. As given in this thread, it works perfectly for us:

Hope this helped.

Kind regards,

Jann